Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'84 Daytona 2.5T
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what this noise is?? Very loud. It happens inconsistently, always over 45 mph so it is definitely speed related as i decelerate the noise gets quieter and goes away completely under 45. Most of the time it happens. At first i thought it was the fuel pump but its near the dash. Its driving me insane

·
Registered
'84 Daytona 2.5T
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found it, its coming from the roof panel in-between the sun visors whatever is making that noise ill soon find out.

·
Registered
1989 Dodge Shadow 2.5 non turbo 3 speed automatic
190 Posts
Might be the trim between the windscreen and roof? It’s quite thin and could vibrate like that.

My shadow has a tick around 45 because of the speedo cable smacking something inside the dash. I just drive faster or slower. It’s a lot easier to ignore than that buzz, it sounds like one of the over speed buzzers on some of the 80s/90s JDM cars.

·
Registered
87 CSX, 88 Shadow, 89 CSX
101 Posts
Sounds like a kazoo. Wow that would drive me crazy.

·
Registered
'84 Daytona 2.5T
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I peeled back the headliner a little bit and its in the metal portion of the roof, not the headliner so maybe ill wack the metal a little bit or something this has got to get fixed its so annoying to deal with

·
Registered
87 CSX, 88 Shadow, 89 CSX
101 Posts
Maybe the makings of a murder mystery. Judge, it seems the defendant would like to plead insanity. The noisy roof drove him mad and resulted in the road rage that claimed the lives of the 3 men at the laundrymat

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Yup,
The old Rolling Stones Tongue Sticking Out The Underside of the Daytona Roof Trick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts