Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what kind of turbo I should run on a 16v plan to do port work as well if that would matter much

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Holset here too. I have a WH1C but may use a HY35 if spool is too bad.

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
Our 2.4 project will be using a Super 50 compressor and a StageIII/63 exhaust.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
i havent really given it much thought. but i got a MP/turbonetics S60 sitting beside me. but i was also thinking the same thing as garret, holset HY/X 35...

most likley the smaller of the 2

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Get your magnum head ported. You'll be shocked how well it flows.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I got a 7.3 powerstroke turbo for mine. Don't know the brand or ratios, but I couldn't pass it up at $51.00 with shipping! I also have a T3/T4 hybrid super 46....small for our applications but I think it would boost hard and quick but die out on top.

·
Registered
907 Posts
wrenchbreaker said:
I got a 7.3 powerstroke turbo for mine. Don't know the brand or ratios, but I couldn't pass it up at $51.00 with shipping! I also have a T3/T4 hybrid super 46....small for our applications but I think it would boost hard and quick but die out on top.
I thought those trucks had vnt's?

·
Registered
819 Posts
precision sc6152e supports 630 hp basically the same as gt-35r except not dbb going on the 2.4 that im building for the daytona.

·
Registered
51 Posts
plan on a GT3071 for mine, but then, i need a 69 valiant 4dr to put it in first.
best match i've found for a 2.5l with a stock 16v head, more than mildish cams, a *****in header, intake and intercooler. lots of space for that stuff. oh, lookin to only drop 400-425 to the wheels ~6500rpm. and a metric assload of torque somewhere between that and idle.

-jason

·
Registered
390 Posts
Dean, How do you like it? Right now I have it on my bone stock TII because my hybrid was not done and I wanted to drive my car. I had let a buddy of mine use the stock TII turbo so I put my big one on and am driving it. With the restrictive exhaust I have now and stock engine it maxes out at 21 psi and does not get there until like 5,000 rpm. With just the 2.5" down pipe it will get 25 psi by 3,000 rpm or so.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey I have the opertunity to buy a new holset for 75 bucks of a 7.3 will that do for a hybrid for a bit, or is the spool up going to be really bad.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts