Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm putting a 523 in my L body and i need to know what combination of parts i need for everything to go together smoothly...

so:

what driveshafts?
which intermediate shaft, Etc?

also

are there any other wierd things i might run into?

-Eric

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have a 523 in my GLHS, I like it..I'm using the 88-90 Omni automatic axles, right now have the un-equal setup. I have noticed any difference between this setup vs the equal length. To go with the equal length use any intermediate shaft from a 520/523 equipped car and get 2 88-90 Omni driver side axles. I'm using Advance Auto parts axles with zero problems. They are factory type rebuilt axles..
Shift cables and shifters you can go with Shadow or Neon. Get some booger bushings for the shifter cables ends and a Neon short throw $20 shifter off Ebay.
Good luck

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Make sure your transmission has all the brackets you need on it. My 555 swap was slowed way down, because I was missing the bobble strut bracket and the bracket that the cables clipped into.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but wait... there's more.

Thanks...

so i need two driver side axles from a late manual omni?

i forgot to mention... I'll be using the neon quaife... does that change the inner spline size? big/small etc?

-Eric

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I don't know if the neon quaife changes anything, but you want late (88 or later) automatic omni axles. They kept the crappy small stuff for the 525's that were put in all the manual cars.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
You'll need one of these:

Bracket is $12 from Polybushings.com

·
Registered
267 Posts
You'll also need to trim the end of one of the axles to fit properly. That should be in your instructions.

Stefan

·
Registered
207 Posts
I used shadow 523 cables and a neon shifter beacuse the neon shifter has a more flat base and was easier to mount. i compared the 523 cables to the neon ones and the shadow ones were a bit shorter. so i would recomend those. trim the 2 rear mounting bolt ears off of the shifter base and it fits well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts