Turbo Dodge Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
10,171 Posts
If you've been paying attention, the TII shortblock will have HD rods and steel crank. Do some of your own research using this forums search engine rather than having everyone else do it for you. You'll probably learn something then.
But the 87 TII in the CSX was a TI bottom end with the Shelby TII top end, no?

·
Super Moderator
11,699 Posts
cast crank light weight rod has the advantage of being light and thus quicker to rev
a lighter flywheel would have even more effect

with a TII top half and some modest mods they work really well

log motor turbo and TII turbo are the same thing with the change being the compressor housing and the log motor's egr tube to the exhaust housing that needs plugged for the swap

87 will have a 2 1/4 inch outlet .. unless it's been modded at some time with a 2 1/2 or 3 inch casting

·
Super Moderator
11,699 Posts
Johny, the real 87 TII's (Shelby Z's) had the good HD rods.
noted..got that, thanks

I had one in the stash but never paid any attn to it's used up self among the pile of good ones - it made lots of noises before I yanked it

and tossed it's used up head

then everything that made it run went into that blue turbo z below

I love working on these cars they're easy - if you have your duck in the right rows

I had that turbo z from empty engine compartment and short block + trans and a bleep load of bits around the garage at lunchtime on a saturday
by 6 am sunday I was leaning against the garage door frame drinking the coffee I picked up while driving it .. you know with even the headlight conversion done on the 87 harness
lol lol
it's sooo easy ... my friends used to accuse me of having secret worker elves hidden somewhere

and having seen all the top end stuff & intercooler deal in an add from shelby shows just how easy the upgrade can be .. if he DID have his evles build ALL THOSE cars ..lol

there really IS a santa
his name is Carrol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since I see so much contradicting bs. What engine, and trans does my 87 csx have? Some say t1, some say t2, some say Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin a combo, some say it has the 520, 523, and 525. If someone could give me a solid answer I will sleep easy. Goals are 300whp without doing engine hardware or trans hardware mods. Thank you.
Do some of your own research using this forums search engine rather than having everyone else do it for you. You'll probably learn something then.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts