Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
darktone said:
26x8x15 seems like the choice for slicks?
Waaay too big...

Common sizes are:

M/T 22x7x15

M&H 23x8x15

What trans/final drive do you have??

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The stock tires are 205/55/16 and are 24.9" and 7.1" of tread. I just went out in the garage and measured the tires on the car and they look like 24". The drag radials are an inch shorter- how will this affect my gearing?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Lower gearing = quicker acceleration, but higher revs at cruise...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I won't smoke them off because of the increased gearing? I have been getting out of first gear right about at the 60' time so with more gearing will first gear almost becomes useless? I sure wish someone locally had some I could try out.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
What is your e.t and mph now?? 23" M&H are a great starter slick for a 5 sp.

·
Registered
583 Posts
26x9.5x14 are on my car.... i used the 14 rim cuz they were given to me they are mounted on centerlines...

they fit but u have to "trim" a lil of the fenders so u can turn the wheel all the way...

no interference with the strut in any way

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
darktone said:
Right now I hope to get mid 13's but I plan on getting this car down to a high 12.
The 23's are the same size as a 205/50/15 tire. Easily all the slick you need to get into the 12's

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I just ordered the BF Goodrich 225/50/15 T/A drag radial's. 23.9" tall and 7.6 tread. That's a bit shorter and a bit wider than the tires I have on the car now. Now I just have to go to the junkyard and get a couple of 15" rims.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
darktone said:
Well, I just ordered the BF Goodrich 225/50/15 T/A drag radial's.
Let me know how those work for you. My friends 00' Mustang has a set and he loves them, I drove it the other night and they were awsome :thumb: I'd like to know how they work on TD's :cool:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
plan on trying them out Sunday morning at the track and Saturday on the street- I'll report back how they do.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I've got 26x8.5x15's mounted on pizza rims for my daytona. Pretty tight fit. Only rub a bit on the front part of the fender/bumper cover when making turns. Since drag racing is straight for the most part they work well enough for me. Perhaps they're a bit big, but I needed some slicks and these used ones were a good price so I gave them a shot.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
darktone said:
Well, I just ordered the BF Goodrich 225/50/15 T/A drag radial's. 23.9" tall and 7.6 tread. That's a bit shorter and a bit wider than the tires I have on the car now. Now I just have to go to the junkyard and get a couple of 15" rims.
Good choice. My last four passes have been 1.80 to 1.82 short time on these. Plus I can drive to the track and not hassle with tire changes. Try to find a 7" rim if possible.

Carl

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All I could find now was a stock 6" rim but I am keeping my eye's open for a 7". Mounted them up today and they look good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts