Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't get how you determine the size of slicks, so ill ask :D

Figure 300whp capable setup, what size of slicks would you recommend?

·
Registered
898 Posts
idk off hand. but a rule of thumb to remember, the shorter tire you go, brings you closer to your rev limiter when you trap. for example with a 5 speed, if in the end of the quarter your at the top end in 4th gear, and go with shorter tires, its gonna hurt you slightly to have to shift into 5th at the end of the track.

idk what kind of tranny you have either, but for a guess i would say that M&H makes them 23 inches tall and 24.5 tall, which are pretty close to the stock heights on our cars.

maybe someone else can chime in here.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Automatic. Yeah, I get gearings... its a 3-speed, so no matter what I'm sure ill be in 3rd gear by then! Just want to get traction to its best.

·
Registered
898 Posts
then id maybe just try and get a slick the same height and width as your stock tires on your van. should be pretty close.

as for traction, any slick is better than a street tire.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
On FWD its mostly determined by HP, a=then height can be adjusted a little.

normally 24.5/8.5 M&H's are great, if its stock then prob smaller tires.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, resurection... but I ordered some 26x9.5x15 Hoosier Quicktime Pro's. Was recommended by a guy who owns a tire shop and is an avid drag racer himself... I'm sure its larger than I need, but at least its a start.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just an update:

I ended up going with 23x7.5-15 M&H's on 15x6 steelies...
At 17psi is the slicks and turbo both, I got a ton of boost off the line and launched HARD and gripped, no problem, giving me a 1.99 60' and running 13.7 @ 96.9... time for some race gas and tuning :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts