Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm going to order a set of Konis for the LeBaron (J) tomorrow. However, I don't know what to do about springs.

What can I do?

I am going to do a coil-over kit on the front. However, I don't know what to do about the rear since I want to drop the car an inch. I was going to just buy a set of springs that are 5" diameter and 1" shorter than stock. Cindy told me that wouldn't work.

So what options do I have?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
custom coil-over system on the rear... as Chris Still did on a Daytona

link: http://www.csracer.com/rearsusp.html
Wow!

When did he do that? I check his site frequently. Here's the only thing, I can fabricate, but I'm not good enough to weld and I don't have access to a welder. I would need to find all those parts as well.

I'll have to e-mail him.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that I think more about it this would be a good interim until a better option comes along. However, I have a few questions.

1. Do you know that the spring rates are on the Eibachs.

2. I assume you're talking about the Prokit. I can't find a new set for the J-body but I can for the Spirit. I assume they are the same springs?

3. I hear, and have seen, that the Prokit makes J-bodies sag in the back. Is this true and how would I fix it?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, someone else told me 330 for the J, bummer. Oh well, 260# is better than stock and would do until I work up something better. Besides, it supposedly will make the car more neutral. My old GTC would understeer and then snap oversteer. I didn't like that at all.

Anyhow, does anyone know that the weight distribution on a LeBaron (J) coupe TII would be? Ground control wants to know for the coilover kit.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
well the front is "coilover" from the factory(5"ID springs), but if your wanting to use adjusters on teh struts and cut the perches off and use 2.5"ID springs like mine and CSRACER, then you'll have to sell someone your eibachs for the front and get new ones. Another thing to mention is the Eibachs are progressive, so a true 300# spring will be noticable stiffer.

I have 350# frnt, 400#rear, and its harsh. Others have tried 300-350frnt on vans and Daytonas and said it was way too stiff.

IMO the eibachs are a great spring for theese cars and w/ Koni's should be a great handling car. I would just cut a coil off if you want it lower and call it a day. OH thats a great price on those springs, I bought a set and then sold them and went a different route.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Ah, ok. I know as son as I found out about it I ordered another set...through Tire Rack. They had them for WAY cheaper!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts