1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here it goes
t3,ported head,intake,exhaust manifold,t3/t4 50trim .63 ar
+40 injectors,fwd performace multi calibration,afpr
what size intercooler is reccomended and any other reccomendations ????
thanks matt :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
i am using a srt-4 cooler and it isnt on yet waiting to get it back from the welder i am haveing the outlet modified a little bit, but it is bolting up right to the brackets where my fog lights are mounted to it fits perfect right below my liscence plate and is equal with the bottom of the bumper, you might be looking for more of a hidden sleeper look but thats the way i am doing mine and all i hear is good things about the srt-4 coolers and i paid $180 for it

·
Registered
289 Posts
MATTHEWHALL76 said:
ok here it goes
From what I've heard, the Spearco is the best. I've got one of the Spearco 1080 cfm units, but have not yet installed it on the R/T. The SRT4 intercooler is a lower cost alternative which is a huge improvement over the R/T stocker, but, although pricier, the Spearco is also better. When I get the Spearco on my car, I'm going to post dyno results of stocker versus Spearco, with no other mods made to the car.
With the mods you've already made to your car, why settle for a production intercooler? Get the best.
Another mod to consider would be reground camshafts. I recently had Wallace send in a batch for me. Ask JayLo how they work--he already has a set in his Spirit.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I am talking with Griffen intercoolers to make one similiar to the Spearco but cheaper and they say better.
Anyone have pics of a spearco installed?

·
Registered
165 Posts
MATTHEWHALL76 said:
ok here it goes

Matthew,

I would get the biggest intercooler you can fit in the front of your car. With the airflow potential of that turbo you are going to need it. As others have suggested, if you can afford the Spearco get one.
I strongly recommend installing a good oil cooler as well. It's something that even a stock TIII or any turbo car for that matter should have.

Mark Grant - GrantRacing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts