• no.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of trading up for the dreamer II. I would like to say, that I can take most things off and place on another cruiser.....so that isn't really an issue. Price however is!!! Looked up trade-in value to dealership and it is only 11,000. About what I still owe. So, I would basically be starting all over again.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Are you able to comfortably make the payments?
Were you planning on doing something with your budget when the current crusier was paid off?

That's what I look at when I think of buying anything of significant value.

Most importantly, will the DCII make you happy? :D

·
Registered
17,709 Posts
HiiP, it seems to me you'll be taking a big financial wash. Why not look into the price of getting a good turbo engine upgrade (check with Bob Stockum), maybe a custom paint job (your color, not DC's) and even a custom interior (check out Papaw's tuck 'n' roll job in the Accessories section). You'll save mucho dinero and have it your way.

·
Registered
11,518 Posts
Either - The Dreamer is sure Nice but I like the candy apple green cruiser you got ;) But i know your not happy with the paint.

·
Registered
17,709 Posts
Fujmon said:
Well, the DC2 does have the beefed up turbocharged mill, getrag tranny and 17 inchers...all stuff I really would like to have. But don't think they're worth the $27K sticker. Like Joe said somewhere else, "I like the DC2...but I love my cruiser"
That's it, Fuji. And Hiip, Bob Stockum is building beefed-up engines with turbos right now--why not send him an email and get an estimate? I know my custom body shop could fix the flws on your candy apple cruiser's paint for not much dinero. Wouldn't it be cool to have matching candy apple inserts in your interior? Now that would be a keeper! You could call it "My Dream Cruiser." :x

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
I vote to keep your current Cruiser. You've put a lot of yourself into that car, and I think you'd miss it if you traded it in before you were really ready. It'll be a lot cheaper to fix the flaws in your current paint, and maybe mod out the interior with matching color trim.

;)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
if you are willing to trade it in and loose that much money then just tack on a few thousand more and sell it cheap. that will give you a few thousand for down payment. trading in is never really good

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I know just how you feel. I would love to have a DC2 but the price is a little steep for me right now as I haven't had my PT all that long. I went to my original dealer and he was going to give me $11,500 trade in on an Electric Blue turbo. He wouldn't "budge " on the price of the PT, probably because he had to get it from another dealer. I am going to go to another dealer on Monday to see what kind of deal I can get there.
Funny thing is the original dealer hasn't called me back to see what kind of deal we can work out. Guess he doesn't want to deal.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Maybe in a few months the dealers will be willing to deal, then you could save some bucks. I do love the color and the interior!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts