Turbo Dodge Forums banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Hi Guys. I'm back after awhile, taking care of things elsewhere. got my third Omni an need to get it shipshape for the commute to work. Also need to sell a 93 Dodge Shadow Convert. But to all the TD guys around the Red Lion area of PA and others further away - God Speed!

· Registered
19 Posts
Scott from Rome, PA. Had an '85 Shelby Charger in high school. Sold it like an idiot, but just redeemed myself by finding an '87 Shelby Charger GLHS. Currently being restored when I get time.

· Registered
82 Posts
Just found this thread . I'm Dave near New Kensington / Lower Burrell . About 20 miles North of the Burg . I have an 89 Lebaron GTC , 2.5 T1 Auto . I also have a friend not on this site with a 86 Shelby Charger .

· Registered
66 Posts
Exton, PA

1986 Chrysler Laser XE

anyone know any junk yards in the area with good condition body parts and trim parts? and also the 22 voice alert system (the monitor in cab itself. mine works, just self check button dosent)

· Registered
9 Posts
Near Pottstown -- first post ever anywhere
85 Shelby Charger currently in the shop
85 Rampage Prospect with cap, waiting its turn
Two Scamps, one with Shelby running gear that will be parted out next spring. Both in storage.

Currently looking for 520 tranny & charger trim parts.
Would love to get a Daytona if I could find a decent candidate locally.

· Registered
176 Posts
red lion pa (York co) picked up an 89 caravan 5 speed. n/a for now but got 2 2.2ts sitting in the garage, t2 electronics and t2 bolt ons. im going to leave it alone for a bit because it only has 107,000 on the clock plus I want to rebuild one of the 2.2ts first so its fresh.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
How could I have missed this thread?!!!

What's up fellow Pennsylvanians?

Donnie, Trucksville, PA, 1987 GLHS #0896
2.2CB, forged crank, JE forged .020" over pistons, Eagle SRT-4 H-beam rods,
BMF intake, 70mm T/B, 75lb/hr injectors, Devil's Own ALKY injection, FWD F4 cam,
HOLSET HE351CW, Tubular header, 4" exhaust, Reverse cooled,
Variable cam timing; RGL-VCTS; linked here:

a520/a555 Hybrid trans with OBX diff, manual steering...etc. etc. etc.

Under construction, and "lightening" procedures.
There's just SO MUCH work left to do, that it almost doesn't matter where I begin.
It all has to get done at some point! lol

· Registered
621 Posts
Nice car Matt, what's your setup?

I can't wait for Chryslers at Carlisle this year, I get to bring the convertible for the first time since 2010.

Well, right now it's down because the oil pump was faulty and it toasted my engine. For some reason, above 5000 RPM the oil pressure would drop. It's not due to lack of oil in the pan or from accelerating force, I confirmed that putting an extra quart in and also free revving standing still and it still dropped. The consensus is the relief spring in the pump is faulty. But by the time I realized it was too late and it ripped out my bearings.

So I'm pulling the engine soon and just rebuilding it again. At the same time, since it currently has an A523 I'm going to swap for the 568 I have in my shed....after getting it freshened up first. 4 puck TU clutch, unsprung hub.

So here's the current specs-

89 CB 2.2L
.020 over wiseco's
prepped T2 rods from TU
ported +1mm swirl
Acannell intake with 58mm TB
ported TU header
T04E 57 trim with .63 stage 3 turbine
3'' TU swingvalve
3'' straightpipe exhaust
86lb injectors

I had a 4 bar MAP and calibration but it had issues so currently running a 3 bar setup. Never really figured out what was going on with the 4 bar, above 5k rpm it would just break up. Swapped to a 3 bar cal with the same timing in the cal and pulled like a freight train. So since I plan to run ~35 PSI boost eventually I'll just be turning off the overboost cutout and then adding a bunch of fuel and pulling timing right at 29 PSI in the cal. Not much else I can do.

I also have the TU R5 cam to test out, when the weather gets warmer and I get it back on the road.

· Registered
74 Posts
I have to admit I don't miss all the turbo motor tuning issues. Back when I started playing with the 2.2/2.5's I was doing it with manual controllers, bleeds, 6 injectors and 2 fuel pumps. The custom tunes, headers and intakes etc. didn't even exist. Even back then I was able to excede the practical limits of the available tranaxles. Things have come a long way for the TD comminuty in the last few years, there's lots of cool stuff now that wasn't around even 5 years ago. That's kind of amazing for cars that have been obsolete for 10 or 15 years.

I've gone to making my horsepower the old fashioned way, carbs and cubes. That's not for everyone I know, and maybe isn't in the TD spirit or takes some of the challenge out of it or whatever. I still think about getting another turbo car sometimes, still only time and room for so many projects.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.