Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my head over at the machine shop. It's been there for a long time but I called the guy and he has it and is going to work on it. Getting back cut valves and cleaned up, pressure tested and possibly surfaced but he said it doesn't look like much.

It's a 91 2.5 Shadow motor. I got a Garret from a TII motor and going with the 3" downpipe all the way back. I need to get valve springs, though, and seals. I see on the fwdperformace site that they have the viton seals which I will get but when it comes to springs and retainers I am not sure.

I just got back into my Turbo Dodge recently and haven't done anything with it in about 5 years so my memory is bad. But, I remember hearing that you can get the valve springs from a 3.0v6 and they are better and conical shaped. Is that true or was it debunked or what? I am using the stock cam and everything else. Just trying to get up to the most power the TII turbo can put out. Something to drive to the pool hall for league play each week to blast the Honda boys out with. I'll probably drive it one night a week.

Another question-- Will I need new cam keys? I am not an engine rebuilder but I am learning so any advice would help. I have all the stuff that came off the motor still when I pulled the head.

Another question-- Is it worth sending my exhaust manifold to them for core and get the ported/polished one? They aren't that expensive and over 20% more flow sounds awesome.

Another question-- I can't remember how I pulled the head off. I think it was turbo and intake and all attached. Is this the best way to put it back in? As a complete unit?

·
Registered
13,525 Posts
What's wrong with the stock springs and retainers?

You don't need the cam key, but it's nice to have it to recenter your cam shaft after you head has been machined.

You won't see 20% gain overall in flow compare to the stock exhaust manifold and a ported one. I can link you to the other site to see the flow test comparison if you PM me your e-mail address since the other site is banned here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts