Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow TD owners/enthusiasts. I am posting to simply find out what vendors are currently active TODAY in supplying parts for the TD vehicles mainly the 80's and 90's turbo dodges fwd. I do not believe in bashing any companies as I own a small business myself but recently (2 weeks ago) I placed an order online with a certain company and haven't received a payment confirmation, a tracking number or even a follow up email stating order placed. To answer the ? how do you know the order was placed, there website shows you history of orders placed and gives the dare and time I placed said order. I contacted the persons and no response so I can only assume they are not active anymore. I have money to spend on items I'm looking for and want them in a timely manner. Who has recently purchased parts from vendors and received them on time.

I have done my research on this forum but a lot of complaints are from yrs ago. Thank you all for any info.
Vendors please feel free to post as well.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
I have had typically good experience with these three site supporting vendors:

FWDPerformance
TurbosUnleashed
RockAuto
The Car Farm

·
Super Moderator
6,975 Posts
I have had typically good experience with these three site supporting vendors:

FWDPerformance
TurbosUnleashed
RockAuto
The Car Farm
out of the four listed, only two of them are site supporting vendors.
turbosunleashed isnt a paying vendor on this site and neither is the car farm.
with that said, i've bought stuff from from both fwd and t/u and received my parts in a very timely manner, same for rock auto, very timely. i've never delt with the car farm, so really cant offer any feedback on them, but have heard decent things about them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hello fellow TD owners/enthusiasts. I am posting to simply find out what vendors are currently active TODAY in supplying parts for the TD vehicles mainly the 80's and 90's turbo dodges fwd. I do not believe in bashing any companies as I own a small business myself but recently (2 weeks ago) I placed an order online with a certain company and haven't received a payment confirmation, a tracking number or even a follow up email stating order placed. To answer the ? how do you know the order was placed, there website shows you history of orders placed and gives the dare and time I placed said order. I contacted the persons and no response so I can only assume they are not active anymore. I have money to spend on items I'm looking for and want them in a timely manner. Who has recently purchased parts from vendors and received them on time.

I have done my research on this forum but a lot of complaints are from yrs ago. Thank you all for any info.
Vendors please feel free to post as well.
I like to call before placing an order just to make sure what I need is on their shelf and ready to ship. Also, some of these companies may be closed for the holidays so they may not have seen your order yet.

Ben

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
I like to call before placing an order just to make sure what I need is on their shelf and ready to ship. Also, some of these companies may be closed for the holidays so they may not have seen your order yet.

Ben
+1.

Remember FWD & T/U are both pretty small companies, serving a niche market. Lead times vary, as does stock availability. With us being in the middle of the biggest holiday season of the year, some extended lead time is normal.

Whomever you ordered from, give them a call again next week, and check on your order. I'm sure they will get it out to you as soon as possible.

To the OP: remember, you are trying to buy parts from an extremely small, niche market company. Do not expect Amazon levels of service from them. They are truly Mom & Pop companies. They have families and lives too.... If you are in a hurry for parts, you own the wrong car...:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Ben
In todays world I highly doubt they did not see the order placed(vie email). I agree the time would be delayed but an effort has been made other places to contact the vendor with NO success when its documented via forums they have logged in after the date of reaching out. I will take the route for now on and call the vendors directly to see what items are in stock before ordering. I really wanted to know with peoples RECENT experiences who is actually on there game to get the items out for shipping. There just doesn't seem to be a reliable source for parts needed probably due to the "niche" crowd. I can relate and understand.
Thank you all for taking the time to share.

·
Registered
114 Posts
In todays world I highly doubt they did not see the order placed(vie email). I agree the time would be delayed but an effort has been made other places to contact the vendor with NO success when its documented via forums they have logged in after the date of reaching out. I will take the route for now on and call the vendors directly to see what items are in stock before ordering. I really wanted to know with peoples RECENT experiences who is actually on there game to get the items out for shipping. There just doesn't seem to be a reliable source for parts needed probably due to the "niche" crowd. I can relate and understand.
Thank you all for taking the time to share.
I was thinking the vendor was without internet access for the holidays. If you confirmed they are logging in here then they should be checking orders too. Have you tried calling them today?

Don't be discouraged because there are good vendors out there who are responsive. You just have to call them and they always answer.

Ben

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 89 Spirit ES, 96 Jeep XJ
5,935 Posts
Some much smaller specialty vendors include boostbutton.com if you'd like to do your own ECU flashes and tuning; Omnipotentparts.com for various hard to find accessories items like glass seals, trim, etc; Factory reproduction decals can be had from Positive Impressions at Unleashed by Shelby; and Polybushings.com sells performance bushings and related parts. Some (or maybe all) of PB's stuff is also sold through FWD.

Just to add some good vibes, I've ordered stuff from FWD, TU, and Polybushings. I've generally been pleased with both the quality of the parts and the overall ordering experience from all of them. As was said, please be patient with them because they are very small operations and can't man the phones 24/7.

On RockAuto: I order parts from RockAuto all the time, but you need to understand that RockAuto is not specifically a turbo Dodge vendor. They buy old and overstock parts from other places and sell them to the public at near wholesale prices. They sell things for all makes and models and do a lot more business than just from us. I've had great experiences with them and their parts are very cheap, but you need to know what you're ordering before you get it. They can't really walk you through the process like FWD and TU will because they don't know for sure. They list as much info as they can on their website (which can be a lot or a little depending on the car) and it's usually based on manufacturer claims. If it's a basic replacement part you want, RockAuto probably has it. If it's a performance item or help with choosing the right part for your car, give FWD or TU a go. They actually own and work on these cars and can help you figure out what you need.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since you revealed yourself. You are absolutely right in the sense of the email was NOT updated. I updated my shipping/billing address and phone number but did not look any further to update the email. That is ENTIRELY my fault and apologize for accusing you of no auto update. I did however assume the PAYPAL email address used to pay for the items would have given the email directed to that email in someway.

You also proved me wrong with that sticky.

What I don't understand is how the order was placed the 18th, money was retrieved the 21st yet the items just shipped yesterday with the first Pm stating by the way here is your tracking info. To also say you never knew there was a PM from me via this forum is not believable. We all know each time you log in you are prompted a screen with a Pm message. Yes your sticky states family, overwhelming emails and phone calls and TRUST me I can relate and understand but I also know its very important for communication.
But that sticky gets you out of this sticky situation.

Over and done with. It is what it is...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts