Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am converting my rampage with a 1984 carb. wire harness to a t 2 and woud like to know what under hood wire harness to use? and do i have to change the dash harness too?

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
if you are not wanting to change the interior harness i would grab a GLHS wiring harness from a 87 car or 86, but i think the bulkhead had a few different pinouts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that one uses the logic module on the interior does'nt it? is there a harness that i can use the smec? i have an smec out of a 89 turbo car

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
yea those had the LM on the passenger kick panel, the only way i know that you can use that SMEC in your rampage is to maybe use a shadow harness, but you will need to either use the dash harness or repin the bulkhead to work

is that the only reason you want to use another harness, as you can get conversion harness to convert you setup to T2 from forward motion

theres a few other ways to convert to T2 without swapping the harness

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it just looks like trying to find a harness is next to impossible . i have been scouring the adds and have seen nothing yet . but it does look like the smec might be a better set up.

·
Administrator
24,972 Posts
Your Rampage should be a 40 pin BH connector which was used up to 85.
86-up uses a 50 pin BH connector EXCEPT the AP body which uses 3-4 seperate BH connectors.
A TBI harness will not work because TBI only uses one injector and a single connector HEP.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put a interior harness out of an 1987 omni tbi car in, but i still have the 1984 under hood harness in it.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
i honestly would just put a wanted ad out in the parts wanted section for a 87 GLHS engine harness and right of the bat you will have a T2 harness, you will need to repin a few cavities in the bulkhead but thats easy

·
Boost is a good thing!!
1,008 Posts
Since you have the update dashboard look in your 84, I'd go with an 86 and up interior dash harness from a L-body as NAJ suggested. This way you can use the 89 turbo mini harness and go SMEC.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i will try the want adds some more. i checked out my harness today..... its a 40 pin...... does anyone some harness's for sale?

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
you could use a glhs harness
or
you could hunt for the super 60 harness for the L body - rare & usually expensive but it uses the smec computer deal
or
you could look here on site for the wireing mods to use the basic L body log motor harness with the nessacary mods for the T2 deal - prob the easiest way to get "there"

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
you can use the 86 glh or shelby charger harness and then convert to 87 t2 computer, you shouldnt have to change under dash but i have a extra dash harness for a shelby charger,

here is the link to the t2 converion thread, click me for 87 t2

1 - 16 of 16 Posts