Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was wondering how to spend my money to get the most out of it. Currently i got 91 Daytona 2.5L T1 with T2 I/C, FWD 2.5" full cat exhaust, cheap bov, mbc. I wanted to get Cindy's cal with it, but is there anything else could be done thats more helpful. $300 is the money i got so what can i get out of it to help me and help my car. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated, or what would u do if u had that money in hand. Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
$300 will get you a great time in a mexico brothel but coming from canada that would only cover fuel. but as for car stuff id get nitrous setup but i think the one i was lookin at was like 380

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good one for mexico :cool: For the car i dont know if Nitrous is good for daily driver, i've heard they could damage your engine but not sure if its true or not. Good opinion, anyone else wants to join give some ideas.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I'd invest the $ into something that will make me more money (investments or tools) instead of blowing it on unnecessarry parts. I just bought a 1998 grand carvan with a bad trans for $300, $100 more fixed the trans, sold the aftermarket stereo system from the van for $150, then sold the van to my Mexican buyers for $1500. nothing like a $300 investment turned into $1150 profit.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Good one for mexico :cool: For the car i dont know if Nitrous is good for daily driver, i've heard they could damage your engine but not sure if its true or not. Good opinion, anyone else wants to join give some ideas.
Nitrous setups have come a long way, if you ever do decide to get a N2O setup, make sure you get a wet kit, that adds fuel along with the nitrous, as opposed to a dry kit which just adds the nitrous and expects you to have a way to add fuel. I know a few guys on our local racing board that run nitrous and I haven't heard of any problems with them.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, investment seems nice as of Nitrous got me a bit thinking, but still i want to run the car nicer and more healthier.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Get a wideband and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. That way when you turn up the boost SLOWLY you can see what is what and adjust so that you don't spend $300 on replacing a melted piston like I did.

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Get a wideband and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. That way when you turn up the boost SLOWLY you can see what is what and adjust so that you don't spend $300 on replacing a melted piston like I did.
+2

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I'd invest the $ into something that will make me more money (investments or tools) instead of blowing it on unnecessarry parts. I just bought a 1998 grand carvan with a bad trans for $300, $100 more fixed the trans, sold the aftermarket stereo system from the van for $150, then sold the van to my Mexican buyers for $1500. nothing like a $300 investment turned into $1150 profit.
1+

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice ideas, i was thinking about AFPR too with Cindy's stage 3 cal. I alrdy wnet through I/C and lost my T1 rad bcs it didnt fit :( i wanted to get something i dont have, new turbo seems nice but mitsu would do the job for me. By the way since i was talking about I/C rad, would a T1 fan work with TII rad, the 2 bladed fan works rough and in theory doesnt cool the engine down as the big T1 fans (so would it work or not). By wideband if you mean A/F guage i just received mine fom Chris TU, A/F monitor, just needs installation

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Invest it and let it grow. That way you can get more money and buy more parts.

Or, how about you buy a chip programmer and some chips and start making your own cal?
There is plenty of help for you on the forums. That way you won't spend your money on off the shelf cals.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts