Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don’t know what year of Dodge 2.2/2.5 it came off…I’ve got a spare aluminum N/A valve cover that has *2* PCV pipes out the rear. Does anyone know what year these were made so that I can order a gasket for it?

I assume this takes a one peice gasket, does it go on dry?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind...found out it's a '94 2.5 VC. Ordered the correct one peice gasket from the dealer along with some new "bumpers" (2) for the valve cover baffle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These will be brand new bumpers (retainers), so if they last 5-10 years we’ll be good. The old ones are 14 years old and are hardening now. By the time they are hard the VC gasket will most likely be hard and in need of replacement too. Seems to me the engine vibrations will make that tin baffle rattle and buzz without them which is why Chrylser put them there. But yeah whenever you have your VC off it's a good idea to check them.

Anyhow in case someone else needs either, the one piece gasket P/N is 4343882 and the retainers are P/N 4378331 from mopar.

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
AFAIK those beauties are '94-5 TBI ONLY

of course, auto parts stores also have the gasket, but not the bumpers !!

and yes they go in dry or a light oiling wouldnt hurt but no RTV

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 94' TBI aluminum VC and baffle/bumpers that I mention was indeed made for the TBI, but It could be used on any 2.2/2.5 variant as far as i know...why not? With it's two PCV outlets it allows for great PCV flow compared to the other types. Run one to manifold vac via PCV and the other to the air cleaner, box or breather. The VC's separate internal baffle keeps the excess oil out of the PCV system as well limiting the splashing off the cam and allowing the oil to drain back quicker.

I stated the dealer P/N's above as I wouldn't expect to find the bumpers/retainers at autozone or the like...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did you ever get that valve cover to work?

I have a leaky stamped steel piece o crap that I need to change out before I get a fire under the hood...

Thanks for the info

-jerry

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
The 94' TBI aluminum VC and baffle/bumpers that I mention was indeed made for the TBI, but It could be used on any 2.2/2.5 variant as far as i know...why not? With it's two PCV outlets it allows for great PCV flow compared to the other types. Run one to manifold vac via PCV and the other to the air cleaner, box or breather. The VC's separate internal baffle keeps the excess oil out of the PCV system as well limiting the splashing off the cam and allowing the oil to drain back quicker.

I stated the dealer P/N's above as I wouldn't expect to find the bumpers/retainers at autozone or the like...
you are 100% correct ; I am running one on my 86 TII... works great

and I couldnt find the bumpers aftermarket either, altho I am (successfully) using a CarQuest 1-piece gasket ....

·
Registered
13,525 Posts
Did you ever get that valve cover to work?

I have a leaky stamped steel piece o crap that I need to change out before I get a fire under the hood...

Thanks for the info

-jerry
No reason why the cast valve cover wouldn't work. I'm using one on my turbo car.

Do you need one? I might have one for sale.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yea, I need one... That doesnt look like a cast cover though, did u paint it?

I cant pay an arm and a leg, wacha askin...

tanx

-jerry

edit--

ohya, i got the one piece gasket for the steel cover I have, a Felpro with the rubber molded over the steel where it sits on the head. Would that also work with the cast cover (i hopes) so I dont have to buy a new one?

·
Registered
13,525 Posts
Valve cover, a/c bracket, and intercooler pipings were painted with gloss black 500F engine paint. I need to paint that thermostat housing to black too.

Steer cover does NOT use the 1 piece gasket design, it uses a UNIQUE 4 piece gasket design. If you are sure you have the one piece gasket, it can be used on the casted TBI valve cover or 89 + casted turbo valve cover. Post the part number if you're not sure.

Hope I answered you question.
PM sent, by the way.

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
ohya, i got the one piece gasket for the steel cover I have, a Felpro with the rubber molded over the steel where it sits on the head. Would that also work with the cast cover (i hopes) so I dont have to buy a new one?
unless Felpro makes a weird gasket - the 1-piece gasket wouldnt be used on a "steel" (stamped) VC

the 1-piece gasket we are referring to is like a very large O-ring ; medium hard black rubber

1 - 18 of 18 Posts