Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Need some opinions....
What is a good used '86 Turbo Z front air dam worth now a days? This is the black plastic dam located UNDER the front of car, in front of wheels.
This part is super rare as we know.
Chime in
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,684 Posts
seven years ago .. there was a nos one I passed over - like an idiot as the guy was asking around 100 bucks

(posted here on TD)

that's the kind of part you buy , horde and sell for 5-7 hun , to a guy that has a car worth 10-16 K

now the real answer to the question , and I can only value it against what WOULD be my "want level", a used one , if it;s really still decent - IF I still had my turbo z I be willing to shuck out 2 hun myself

at 2 hun someone who's serious about their car will probably be happy to scope it at 2 hun as they are likely just happy to have the car complete again

anything above that and they might feel like a cow being milked
if it were new that would be different

but that's me being me when I really want something

·
Legendary Driver
10,890 Posts
Guess it depends on if the buyer knows the Chevy S10 airdam looks almost identical or close enough not to want to shell out the extra cash :) Now a good set of side fences are worth more.

·
Super Moderator
11,684 Posts
lol
why ? do you want some side ones ?

I have a couple of good ones and I think an nos one

marty mopar might still have some nos side ones - that's where I got mine but it was spendy at about 140 bucks

sadly there was a miscommunication at the time and I thought he was shipping a front one
so... that didn't work out as planed - but I no longer have my blue Z so no matter

added
thinking of that deal I also bought 3 of the early 86 silver cs daytona's blue cs tags
I think I left marty with a complete set of two that he still may have for any turbo z cs owners that might want them

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess it depends on if the buyer knows the Chevy S10 airdam looks almost identical or close enough not to want to shell out the extra cash :) Now a good set of side fences are worth more.
Thank you for your input. Is the s10 dam hard to find as well?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seven years ago .. there was a nos one I passed over - like an idiot as the guy was asking around 100 bucks

(posted here on TD)

that's the kind of part you buy , horde and sell for 5-7 hun , to a guy that has a car worth 10-16 K

now the real answer to the question , and I can only value it against what WOULD be my "want level", a used one , if it;s really still decent - IF I still had my turbo z I be willing to shuck out 2 hun myself

at 2 hun someone who's serious about their car will probably be happy to scope it at 2 hun as they are likely just happy to have the car complete again

anything above that and they might feel like a cow being milked
if it were new that would be different

but that's me being me when I really want something
Hey Doc! I do have the front fence but need to check it out to see if there is any damage, cracks etc on it. I do believe it has a little warpage to it but should straighten out once bolted on. If I do decide to sell it, I wanted to see how much I could get for it. And truly I'm afraid to ship it as well. May have to do a local pickup only. NY driveway curb dips are so low that it will tear it right off while going up the driveway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts