Turbo Dodge Forums banner

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think I got that one won! I'm 15 now, bought my first r/t the day after my 14 th bday, finnally got my permit now and love to drive them!
Good for you!! My first car was a '93 base model Spirit that my parents picked out and forced me to buy with my own money. I hated it at first because I wanted a Mustang, but oddly, I ended up falling in love with it. I did alot of stupid stuff with that car. Drove it pretty much like I stole it. I still have it. She doesn't run, but I hope to get her back on the road someday. So is your R/T a Daytona or a Spirit??

·
Registered
318 Posts
Good for you!! My first car was a '93 base model Spirit that my parents picked out and forced me to buy with my own money. I hated it at first because I wanted a Mustang, but oddly, I ended up falling in love with it. I did alot of stupid stuff with that car. Drove it pretty much like I stole it. I still have it. She doesn't run, but I hope to get her back on the road someday. So is your R/T a Daytona or a Spirit??
Both accually, I buy/sell/trade anything to make some money to buy these cars. Hopefully investing in these cars will pay off. I just found an red 1993 iroc rt sitting in a garage in PERFECT unrestored condition near my school while walking home the other day! Now im Trying to save to get it! These cars are by far the best combination of fun/fast/cheap and good mileage as you can get.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Both accually, I buy/sell/trade anything to make some money to buy these cars. Hopefully investing in these cars will pay off. I just found an red 1993 iroc rt sitting in a garage in PERFECT unrestored condition near my school while walking home the other day! Now im Trying to save to get it! These cars are by far the best combination of fun/fast/cheap and good mileage as you can get.
That's pretty sweet. My buddy used to have a Shelby Daytona and an Omni GLH. They were pretty quick, but not quick enough for the R/T. She's 99% original right down to the paint and window stickers(which are kept locked in a safe btw). I have all the history on her, including every oil change since new. I'm glad I was lucky enough to get one of the 92 '92 red Spirit R/Ts built. Here's my cardomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2834600/1992-dodge-spirit-r-t-sedan-4d/

·
Registered
356 Posts
im 41. drove turbo dodges when they were new thanks to dad. i still remember driving my dads 83 shelby charger(silver w/blue stripe). we bought the first one in the bay area. i still remember people staring at us and wondering what the hell we were driving!! i felt like a rock star!! i bought my R/T bout 9 years ago. 89,000 miles with original head and no cracks!!!. needs a new oil pump and shaft now. did the jackson mod already. just waiting on better weather to get her done..

·
Registered
256 Posts
LOL! I bet this is the longest running thread on this board! Seven and a half years so far. First time I replied to this post was about 6 years ago!
I'm 56 now and still have my first red Spirit R/T bought in Dec 91, the white one I bought in 98 and a 500hp Spirit I bought off of this site in early 05.

·
Registered
44 Posts
52 March 16 1961

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bought my 1st 91 R/T when I was 27 in 1999. Then I bought a junker red 91 R/T and a silver 92 R/T in 2000. Sold the silver 92 R/T in 2001 and then bought the car back in May of 2012. The car is currently undergoing a complete mechanical restoration then I'll move to interior and paint. When I gave my vin# to Cliff Ramsdell back in 2000 he told me the build date of 6/10/92 and it was the last vin he had on record. Rare enough being silver, even rarer if it's the last US market R/T to have been built.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not an R/T but I was 13 when I got my Shelby Charger 22 now. To make this count I am putting an R/T T3 turbo on it as soon as I get my CSX block built.

261 - 276 of 276 Posts