Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this question has been asked before by saw wave analog and he never really got an answer. just turned into a discussion about his car. i know marcus has gone a 12.9 with his glhs but anyone any faster??? i know there are faster ones out there. :thumb:

·
Registered
898 Posts
good question, ill never find out, i toasted a good stock T2 when my oil feed line broke. so i upgraded!!

but still, good question, id be cool if people were down into the low 12's, l bodies maybe.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
marcus was fairly stock with bolt on stuff. stock cooler,trans,head,block, everything. i think he may have had a tu cal exhaust and slicks. thats why i think it shouldn't be too hard to click off a 12.xx with a t2 omni. saw wave got down to 13.2 till he parted the car.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brandon lets get a stock TII together and throw it in my GLH, I have the '85 TI wiring/LM/PM and a 86 GLHS LM. And a A413 with a NAN convertor and RMVB and a aftermarket intercooler(just need plumbing:p):nodding:
it's easy. if you have a fuel injection fuel tank then it's gravy. you might need to upgrade the fuel lines. the ones that travel under the car. i'll help ya.

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
I wanna come =)
I can bring junkyard parts lmao!

·
Registered
898 Posts
hey clayton, how far is cindy from where you live? might have to make a road trip down there too if it isnt too far.

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
sweet this weekend i'll swap my trans and install my turbo. :)
Sweet! Sunday you want to bring it to Depew?

I wanna come =)
I can bring junkyard parts lmao!
:)Take an inventory of the cars and i'll put together a list lol

hey clayton, how far is cindy from where you live? might have to make a road trip down there too if it isnt too far.
Last year when I went down there it was a little over 8hours IIRC, maybe 9.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
'87 GLHS - 12.59 @ 110 with bone stock, untouched, original 100k mile top end/turbo. 12.53 @ 110 with a G head.

'91 Spirit R/T - 12.44 @ 110, mostly stock R/T with a dual core intercooler.

Both cars were full weight, unlightened and on slicks.

Pat

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Are you done with it yet?
Me? Yes, I'm done with both of them. The GLHS went about as fast as it was going to go with such a stock motor/turbo. That was all she had. It was consistent 12.5-12.6car. Much more than that was unlikely. The R/T was definitely as fast as it was going to get with that set up. It was a solild high 12 second, 107-108 mph car but on a perfect day with amazing traction, it nailed three 12.4's (.44, .46, .44) in a row. Shortly after that, I got hit by a box truck in it.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
my omni would have been well into the 12's if i would have been able to afford slicks.. my best times were all with near 2.3 60's. mph was always 108. damn i want another omni.. i ended up not moving away thanks to getting hardcore ****ed over by the guy who was supposedly saving a room for me in portland, so i ended up buying a crx and then that ended up getting turbo'd last winter with what little td shit i had left laying around heh.. at least ive still got some td parts on my car now

1 - 20 of 50 Posts