Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'87 Pacifica, digital dash. It seems to be working NOW, but I just drove 25 hours with a jumping spedometer. It's read along the lines of 78,12,264,0,1,0,34.. etc. Just randomly jumping.

This also afected my odometer, cruise control, and in-dash navigator.

I have a feeling it's a bad ground. If so, where is the ground for the dash?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Check your speed sensor for a loose, wet, or bad gear on it. The speed distance sensor is located on the transmission passenger side just before the axle on the trans. Check that first then start looking for bad grounds, it could be the digital dash but you might be chasing a ghost without looking at the trans first. Oh btw if you have cruise control make sure it works correctly cause sometime they wire the speed distance sensor thru that then to the trans. Good Luck

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cletis234 said:
Check your speed sensor for a loose, wet, or bad gear on it. The speed distance sensor is located on the transmission passenger side just before the axle on the trans. Check that first then start looking for bad grounds, it could be the digital dash but you might be chasing a ghost without looking at the trans first. Oh btw if you have cruise control make sure it works correctly cause sometime they wire the speed distance sensor thru that then to the trans. Good Luck
When the spedometer began to behave, the cruise control worked fine. Another reason to belive it's a bad ground is that my fuel gauge will periodically show a full tank, even when I know there is not a full tank. Also, I've seen my tach gauge light up full to redline for a split second a few times.

another question. will an '87 analog dash work in my car, as in a direct bolt in? the digidash can be a little difficult sometimes.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know where the ground for the digidash is? It's not behind the dash itself, as i recently discovered :bash:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts