Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i noticed my head gasket started leaking the other day when i took off my oil pan to change that gasket. There was the littleist amount of coolant coming down the #1 cyl wall, awhhhh shucksSS. Atleast i noticed before i even started to drive on it again....Anyway I'm going to be getting my engine in later this summer(or hope so) and want to save money but still have some fun at the same time. Ghetto block sealer or t2 status and new head gasket?
What yall think?? I'm at min. compression (100psi) in cyls 2 and 3. Then something like 110 or 120 in cyls 1 and 4. I have all the stuff to do a T2 conversion, plus a stage 2 14psi logic mod.....Should i do the head and just give it all she has till i blow the top off her????? or take it easy and leave her stock??? I know this isn't gunna be your problem when i get stuck on the side of the road for blowing up my engine. I just wanna see what condition other people engines are in when they are seeing 10+ psi and maybe some of the problems that you've run into....

This is all on an '86 lancer t1 with stock internals that i'm ready to break!!!!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
WHen the head is off, take the cam out so all the valves are closed, then spray a fair amount of WD40 down the runners with the head postioned so it will run down and rest on the backsides of the valves. A perfectly sealing head/valves will stay dry. A little seepage is acceptable, but if WD 'flows' out of anywhere, a valve job is in order. I reccomend a valve job and a bsic hone if you can afford it. I know where you are coming from, I did a few ring only rebuilds back when I was young and poor:eek:

Alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts