Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just picked up a 90 blue cs vnt daytona from a good friend of mine. He has four of them (well three now) two red, one white and the blue one (which is now mine). under the impression that there is 21 total 90 cs daytona vnts does anyone know color break down of how many of each color? and how many are left? ill get pics up soon.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have 2
Just purchased Dec 03rd, 1990 white C/S VNT in mint shape bought used from a fella in southwestern Ontario Canada. Purchased for $5.000.00 ( and no it's not for sale )

and I also have a 90 white C/S VNT w/ 89.195 Miles on speedo purchased in Nov from Nevada ( wrecked ) that a buddy and I are going to rebuild, Hit hard on the nose. Hasn't arrived yet, In transit to border then wait for it to clear US/Can customs about 2 weeks from now it should be in the body shop for rebuild.:thumb:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 2
Just purchased Dec 03rd, 1990 white C/S VNT in mint shape bought used from a fella in southwestern Ontario Canada. Purchased for $5.000.00 ( and no it's not for sale )

and I also have a 90 white C/S VNT w/ 89.195 Miles on speedo purchased in Nov from Nevada ( wrecked ) that a buddy and I are going to rebuild, Hit hard on the nose. Hasn't arrived yet, In transit to border then wait for it to clear US/Can customs about 2 weeks from now it should be in the body shop for rebuild.:thumb:
awesome!! there is 6 of 21 where the other 15 at???

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know matt young used to own the car and it was origanly purchased at look larsron puallup dodge but yes that is what mine lools like.....

·
Registered
474 Posts
one over by me across town just sitting there rotting away.I have tried to get but no go.:mad: oh well not now I will try again at a later date I atleast gave name and number for when they are ready...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what color is it? and good luck. hope ya get it.... you have been waitn for awhile on this i remeber seeing your post when you found it.

·
Legendary Driver
10,899 Posts
i know matt young used to own the car and it was origanly purchased at look larsron puallup dodge but yes that is what mine lools like.....
just ran vin yes that is my car...
haha sweet, I've driven your car. Fun in a you get all the boost right now kinda way but my 87 2.5 ShelbyZ smokes it anywhere, anytime, any rpm. Does the heater work in it yet?

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Black CS VNT was found in the junkyard here a few years ago. Had a cracked block and bellhousing where someone apparently had too much water in it over a cold winter. A buddy grabbed the engine, turbo, and computer. Trans was crushed I think. Really a shame too. The body was clean. Interior was in good shape. Wish I had grabbed the 568 before it went to the crusher, busted bellhousing or not.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i just fixed the heater and did the headliner. it had a funky bleed on it so i put it back to stock gave it tune up parts and it goes better than it did. sat for while in a field. i plan on full rebulid and paintin it this spring..

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Upon thinking back when I was working at Chrysler I remembered that in conversations with others during that time period that in fact the numbers weren't 21 but 36.

There were 36 Daytona C/S with the VNT pkg's released to various dealers around the USA and Canada. The dealerships that sold them were selected by Chrysler Corperation,There was never a dealer/owner spiecal order. All cars were chosen by Chrysler as to colors and options like Rear defogger,Rear window washer / wiper ( depended on geographical selling location ).

These were a very quiet hush hush secret that Chrysler was releasing these cars to the public only Chrysler and their respective dealership insiders had any knowledge of them and who got one was leaked by a rumour heard around the watercooler talks back in the day.These cars were ordered to be kept in the showrooms ( by Chrysler ) untill they were sold to their buyers.

There were 9 red,9 white,9 black,9 blue for grand total of 36.

There was 2 sold in Alberta,Canada.
Color = White = Selling dealer Tower Chrysler in Calgary
Color = Red = Selling dealer Viewpoint Chrysler in Edmonton

There was 1 sold in Ontario, Canada.
Color = White = Selling dealer Dixie Chrysler

There was 1 sold in British Columbia, Canada.
Color = Red = Selling dealer Plimley Chrysler/Plymouth in Vancouver

When the dealer had received one off the truck we went over to
check it out on secretly arranged test drives that would somehow take us over to the respective dealership that was lucky enough to get one.We weren't allowed to street test the cars unfortunatly but we could see it pop the hood and get in it and that was it.

These were dubbed the IROC Z killers.This was done in order to take the IROC name from Chevrolet on their Camaro IROC Z model.So that the IROC name could go onto the Daytona line ( The IROC and IROC R/T ). Hense the hush hush by Chrysler Corperation and the insiders.Wherever the Camaros had large sales were usually were one of the VNT C/S's ended up being sold.

The number 21 may represent how many's left on the road?

Someone asked me about a Radiant Silver VNT C/S.

There was never a Radiant Silver 90 C/S released by Chrysler Corperation ever

If anything it is a fake or has been repainted a different color since leaving the factory.
( If so it would be valueless to remain that color to a real collector ).

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Upon thinking back when I was working at Chrysler I remembered that in conversations with others during that time period that in fact the numbers weren't 21 but 36.

There were 36 Daytona C/S with the VNT pkg's released to various dealers around the USA and Canada. The dealerships that sold them were selected by Chrysler Corperation,There was never a dealer/owner spiecal order. All cars were chosen by Chrysler as to colors and options like Rear defogger,Rear window washer / wiper ( depended on geographical selling location ).

These were a very quiet hush hush secret that Chrysler was releasing these cars to the public only Chrysler and their respective dealership insiders had any knowledge of them and who got one was leaked by a rumour heard around the watercooler talks back in the day.These cars were ordered to be kept in the showrooms ( by Chrysler ) untill they were sold to their buyers.

There were 9 red,9 white,9 black,9 blue for grand total of 36.

There was 2 sold in Alberta,Canada.
Color = White = Selling dealer Tower Chrysler in Calgary
Color = Red = Selling dealer Viewpoint Chrysler in Edmonton

There was 1 sold in Ontario, Canada.
Color = White = Selling dealer Dixie Chrysler

There was 1 sold in British Columbia, Canada.
Color = Red = Selling dealer Plimley Chrysler/Plymouth in Vancouver

When the dealer had received one off the truck we went over to
check it out on secretly arranged test drives that would somehow take us over to the respective dealership that was lucky enough to get one.We weren't allowed to street test the cars unfortunatly but we could see it pop the hood and get in it and that was it.

These were dubbed the IROC Z killers.This was done in order to take the IROC name from Chevrolet on their Camaro IROC Z model.So that the IROC name could go onto the Daytona line ( The IROC and IROC R/T ). Hense the hush hush by Chrysler Corperation and the insiders.Wherever the Camaros had large sales were usually were one of the VNT C/S's ended up being sold.

The number 21 may represent how many's left on the road?

Someone asked me about a Radiant Silver VNT C/S.

There was never a Radiant Silver C/S released by Chrysler Corperation ever

If anything it is a fake or has been repainted a different color since leaving the factory.
( If so it would be valueless to remain that color to a real collector ).
That's some really cool info! The car must have been Chrysler's big fish back in the day...

·
Registered
362 Posts
The last post was very interesting. I have the red that was sold in Edmonton. It still has the 'information' pack in the glovebox.
My car first went into service on Feb 13, 1991 (the 91's were all well out on the showroom floors by then), It was sold at an Edmonton dealership, West Edmonton Chrysler Plymouth Ltd. So it sat around for well over a year before going into service.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts