Turbo Dodge Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Keeping it as close to original stock is what and where the money will be in the future. Hope to see it one day crusin the streets.Wishing you the best on your resto project!:thumb:
2nd post due to inability to edit my post.
As long as all the numbers are a matching set to the body's VIN the car will for sure bring in the buck as a collector car not too far off.
As one who has a few Chry Co cars I look for all numbers matching vehicles
When I buy I'm cautious and very picky.And avoid altered mechanicals,wiring,suspension,wheels etc. About the only thing I allow is a MP/DC computer.I always try to get one owner car ( or as close to that as possible.)

·
Legendary Driver
10,899 Posts
2nd post due to inability to edit my post.
As long as all the numbers are a matching set to the body's VIN the car will for sure bring in the buck as a collector car not too far off.
As one who has a few Chry Co cars I look for all numbers matching vehicles
When I buy I'm cautious and very picky.And avoid altered mechanicals,wiring,suspension,wheels etc. About the only thing I allow is a MP/DC computer.I always try to get one owner car ( or as close to that as possible.)
Man you'd hate my daytona then. 87 Shelby T1 body modified to T2 specs(oh yes there is differences), 90 523 trans, 2.2 CB converted to 2.5, 16v masi head with heavily modified manifolds, GT30R turbo, 90 kframe and a-arms with spherical a-arm bearings, 89/90 11" 4 wheel discs, D150 Master cylinder, Interior is a mix of stock tan and 90 CS VNT black pieces, 84 TurboZ "tuff" steering wheel, ignition system has been removed/modified to be activated by toggles and a push button starter with a security feature.

Half the fun of these cars is mixing and matching pieces to make the ultimate iteration of them. I like mods but they must be done tastefully and carefully and with some skill involved.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Here mine, 1990 AGS, numbers match but the original engine is out and awaiting a rebuild. It has a rebuilt 1990 motor in replace of the original for now.
Wow do you ever got skinny tires on that! Don't you find to break free on exceleration? I have the 225/50/15's on mine and it breaks free everytime under heavy exceleration.Nice looking car BTW.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Man you'd hate my daytona then. 87 Shelby T1 body modified to T2 specs(oh yes there is differences), 90 523 trans, 2.2 CB converted to 2.5, 16v masi head with heavily modified manifolds, GT30R turbo, 90 kframe and a-arms with spherical a-arm bearings, 89/90 11" 4 wheel discs, D150 Master cylinder, Interior is a mix of stock tan and 90 CS VNT black pieces, 84 TurboZ "tuff" steering wheel, ignition system has been removed/modified to be activated by toggles and a push button starter with a security feature.

Half the fun of these cars is mixing and matching pieces to make the ultimate iteration of them. I like mods but they must be done tastefully and carefully and with some skill involved.
Oh no,I wouldn't hate the car. To each there own as I say. But if I was looking to purchase a vehicle for myself that is a different story altogether.I always try to look for something that's pretty much all matching. And as low of mileage as possible and in really good condition as well. I can't tell you the number of times looking at cars owners who say that's factory originial espiecally when I worked at Chry Co dealerships etc, I know what is supposed to be there and what isn't. I went to see a 84
Laser XE one time the owner claimed the seats to be original to the car,I pointed out that the car wasn't with the original seats and door panels as they were supposed to be the lowback checkerboard cloth version not the 85 highbacks. Well seeing that I caught him which he did admit that it was swapped for the 85's after that he told me that the seats were worn and changed them to sell the car.I bypassed the car figuring that the mileage may not be as low as he claimed as well.As seats don't normally wear out within 50.000 miles (80.000 kms ).

·
Legendary Driver
10,899 Posts
Wow do you ever got skinny tires on that! Don't you find to break free on exceleration? I have the 225/50/15's on mine and it breaks free everytime under heavy exceleration.Nice looking car BTW.
poly at least in the a-arms if not better, a sway bar with end links and a real alignment will stop all that spinning unless you dump the clutch from 3grand+.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
poly at least in the a-arms if not better, a sway bar with end links and a real alignment will stop all that spinning unless you dump the clutch from 3grand+.
The car I have is low mileage and bone stock,everything is factory original except the tires which I suspect is where the problem is.As they are H rated not V rated as was the original gaterbacks.Which only seemed to let out a short squeal through the aceleration when the turbo was boosting.Now it seems to be more spin then before.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got a White one in Salt lake City Carfax says it spent most of it's life in CA and AZ. I bought it in December It's got an aftermarket turbo now so I guess it isn't a VNT anymore. Lots of Turbo Lag if you don't keep the Revs up but it's worth it for the power increase

·
Registered
183 Posts
Forgot about this old thread. Lots of good info here that shouldn't be lost.

Yes, it breaks the tires loose very easy. Previous owner purchased the tires. What size should it have come with?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Came with 225 50 15's. The door sticker will list 14's.
Cool! Now I know.

I need some encouragement. When I bought it, the car had a few spots of rust in the floor pan. I thought no big deal I'll take care of it when I get time. Well, many years later and now the floor is gone along with parts of the rockers and inner fender wells. I'm going to fix it some how some way. It's pretty bad. I'll post some pictures soon.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts