Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I am aware there is another thread pertaining to this but lets start fresh and see where it leads.

Who owns a "stock" VNT that is running and lets see some pics.
(89 CSX, 90 Daytona/Lebaron/Shadow)

I will start.
Bought her new in 12/89.
She has lived outside for 27 + years.
She has been my only car and DD since 1997.
She now has 173,000 + miles.
Biggest issues over the years have been...
Peeling Paint, Clutch Cables, Shifter Cables (no longer a problem thanks to Poly Shifter Bushings) and Headgaskets.

PICTURES TAKEN 9/16

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
I have an all stock 89 CSX VNT. It doesn't really have any modifications except for forged pistons from Wiseco and I swapped the Fiberides for a set of gold crabs. Mechanically she was pretty rough when I got her but she was originally a California car that lived a short time in Washington before I brought her here to Atlanta about 5 years ago. Over the years I have replaced just about everything and she shares daily driver duty with my 86 turbo Z, also completely stock except for the Mopar Performance stage II ECU.

I really don't have any upgrades or mods planned for either one of them, I like them fine just the way they are and have build more than my fair share of modified turbo Dodges anyway.

Last on the list for the 89 CSX is a fresh new coat of paint. I have been prepping the body now for over a year and hope it will see the inside of a paint booth sometime in the next month.

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an all stock 89 CSX VNT. It doesn't really have any modifications except for forged pistons from Wiseco and I swapped the Fiberides for a set of gold crabs. Mechanically she was pretty rough when I got her but she was originally a California car that lived a short time in Washington before I brought her here to Atlanta about 5 years ago. Over the years I have replaced just about everything and she shares daily driver duty with my 86 turbo Z, also completely stock except for the Mopar Performance stage II ECU.

I really don't have any upgrades or mods planned for either one of them, I like them fine just the way they are and have build more than my fair share of modified turbo Dodges anyway.

Last on the list for the 89 CSX is a fresh new coat of paint. I have been prepping the body now for over a year and hope it will see the inside of a paint booth sometime in the next month.

Nice, two TD Daily Drivers!!!

No paint booth for her, at this point in my life and hers my job consists of...
Keeping her running properly and safety items up to par, keeping her clean and to prevent rust.

·
Registered
80 Posts
1990 VNT

46,000 Original Miles just picked up from IL, and now in Michigan. Hopefully will turn into a nice show car. Only non-stock item I can find so far is the stereo.

Pictured along side my 1990 ES

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
155 Posts
Have a 1990 LeBaron VNT. Runs like a watch with about 80K miles on it. Not the fastest TD but incredibly fun for sure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine will be turned over to my son soon. The white daytoma with bbs wheel. Hes currently saving now in which that means bowing out off site. I will show him the way here though

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1990 Lebaron VNT Convertible that's been in storage for 15 years or so and just purchased an all stock 55,000 mile dual option 1989 CSX! Just waiting to get the CSX home.

·
Administrator
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome To TD!!!

Glad to see there are still All Stock VNT's out there being Loved.

:needpics:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1990 Lebaron VNT Convertible that's been in storage for 15 years or so and just purchased an all stock 55,000 mile dual option 1989 CSX! Just waiting to get the CSX home.
Sorry only pic of the CSX right now, don’t have any Lebaron pics at this time due to it being in storage.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I now have a Lebaron coupe. Hopefully I can get it from Indiana when the winter has totally broken. That is; if can get a couple days off from work. It was TII converted of course.:eyes11: So I have to gather everything to put it back together.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I believe that Kegan's car was for sale here for a while before he bought it. I would have to check out pictures in the for sale area and identify it by the rusty holes. Haha!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a 90 Daytona shelby VNT 5 speed all black I bought new in December 1990. It has over 250,000 but does no run currently due to a rat eating the wiring harness. All stock but a project at this point. Thx-Ace

·
Administrator
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a 90 Daytona shelby VNT 5 speed all black I bought new in December 1990. It has over 250,000 but does no run currently due to a rat eating the wiring harness. All stock but a project at this point. Thx-Ace
Another bought new VNT, hope you get her running. :thumb:

·
Administrator
10,119 Posts
I gave my son Dillon one of my 89 recaro cars. It is staying stock. Have had a couple problems like a frozen turbo. Veins wouldn't move. A computer went bad. Now we need to do vacation lines. As turbo control isn't working right. So 170 is stock, my 187 has a bigger turbo etc.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Rob, did you put a bigger VNT unit on 187? You seem like the kind of guy who would actually piddle with the VNT instead of just dumping it and converting to TII.

-Mark Lucas

1 - 20 of 38 Posts