Turbo Dodge Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
10,118 Posts
187 had a 2.5 VNT and the engine in a bag. It didn't have the factory computer either some ND thing that never worked. Right now 187 is about 3/4 into a 2.2 with steel crank and the Eagle H beam rods with bathtub JE pistons. 655 big valve head with BMF. Until the ATP disappeared I had a ported T04E 50 with stage 3 wheel with TU header. But now I got a brand new 341 Holset with one of my ported manifolds. Just need to hunt down some better valves and the old R2+ that TU used to sell. If not I'll just add STP zink and run a S60. Tough when parts dry up lol. 170 though is staying stock. Even a big VNT is a little turbo lol

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I just want to see somebody crazy enough to do some more serious experimentation with the VNT stuff. I thought I remembered reading somewhere about some big diesel trucks having variable nozzle setups. I'll have to do some more research. Maybe the '90 coupe will have to be the test car for that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have a blue 90 Daytona Shelby VNT i bought new it now has 12,000 miles on it, never seen snow and always garaged

·
Administrator
24,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi, I have a blue 90 Daytona Shelby VNT i bought new it now has 12,000 miles on it, never seen snow and always garaged
:needpics:

That would make your car a total opposite of mine.
Bought mine new in 12/89, she has lived outside for 29 years, has been my only car and daily driver since 1997 and has 178,000 miles.

No snow for your car, check this out from 2009.

2M SNOW 1.jpg

2M SNOW 2.jpg

2M SNOW 3.jpg

2M SNOW 4.jpg

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Finally got it home the weekend of the 27th.
I thought it had been primered. I lucked out. It still has most of it's original paint. I love that patina.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Only 123 of those GTC VNT Coupes....great find!
I have a red one, all stock except for under drive pulley, 20% injectors, 3 bar map and FWD performance 16 psi computer.....put down 176HP and 220 lb/ft Torque.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I actually wanted a rag top, but it's getting hard to find Turbo GTs that aren't rusted in half, let alone VNTs. There was a guy parting out a VNT vert on here a while back. I wasn't able to convince him to sell it complete.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts