Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...85 shelby charger... got it fairly stripped out... harness discounected inside and out... finaly got the timing belt on yesterday, need to get my alternator on there and then its just a matter of hooking up the rest of the wiring...

problem... i've looked but haven't found the male plug end of the fuel pump/sender... i'm sure i just overlooked it but figured i'd ask here... maybe somone has a pic of it's location or whatever...

any help?
thanks
mark

· Premium Member
9,142 Posts
wiring for the electric fuel pump runs inside the car, from the fuse box region, under the carpet, then goes thru a rubber grommet just above the fuel tank pump/sender assembly location

if your 85 SC was an NA there won't be any wiring there ;)

(were there NA SC's in 85 ??)

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
looks like the whole harness you need is missing from the pic.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does it run from the fuel pump grommet along the passenger side?... if so it's there... just hidden in the pics (can see the jumble of wires back there neear the rear passenger floor board area)

i'll prob find the other plug a bit more if i keep digging around... just been to cold to REALY dig in...

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
found it... plug has a very short lead coming out of the 40 way bulk head connector under the dash... had to dig around to even see it...

few other tidbits i need to wire up... and apparently i didn't get the alternator tensioner with the car so need to find one of those...

few odds and ends and the car should run ...

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
Good to hear..

L-Bodies are great IMHO.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats what i'm hopeing for :)... my 'rsents bought a 87 horizon new when i was like 7... it was a 2.2 carbie engine... the 1st car I ever remember helping my dad work on... heck come to think of it that was the 1st car i've ever driven... got to steer it for miles from the passenger seat, drove it when i was 14 or 15 (even broke the shift linkage (the bushing gave up) so it was stuck in neutral haha... dad reached under and got it in 3rd and drove us home... good memories of an L body even if it was a POS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.