Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 86 shelby charger and i have no boost all of the sudden.
there is a hose that runs from my wasegate to a solenoid and i need to know where the hose coming out of the bottom of the solenoid goes.
the one on the left bottom goes to the canister, what about the other one?
And also shouldn't i be able to move the wastegate actuator arm manually
with a pair of vice grips? it wont budge.

·
Registered
898 Posts
yeah, it should move, take the hose off the solenoid and connect it to a air compressor, with a nozzle or something, put a few bursts of air through it and listen (or feel down there if your talented) for the acctuator to open the wastegate and see if its working properly. start there, then post more questions...

and acctually, i forgot.. you said it wouldnt budge, if its stuck closed, you should be seeing boost 15+psi, maybe its stuck open? probably

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,938 Posts
Follow the vacuum diagram under your hood (or any of the many that are posted on here). The wastegate solenoid should have 3 barbs on it. The top one has a vacuum line going to a manifold source. The middle one should go to your wastegate can. The bottom one should be left open.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had traced the wrong hose earlier and the air compressor is
working the wastegate. but i still have no boost.
I guess thats not the problem.

·
Registered
898 Posts
k then, take hose that goes into the wg solenoid, and hook it right into the wg acctuator, direct from manifold source, should see 5-7 psi MAX, and if your not getting that, somethings wrong. also are you getting vacuum on your gauge?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts