Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found towels that look like micro fiber, but the label says they are flannel. Found cotton towels but label says made in Pakistan and was told not to use these. Where did you all find good towels?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can't help you with microfibers, but The Fieldcrest-Cannon Outlet website usually has the best deals on the best quality 100% cotton towels. You won't go wrong with either Royal Velvet or Charisma irregulars. The Charismas are thicker and plusher and thus more expensive. :)

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
I buy my microfiber towels from:
Microfiber Tech , every so often they have a sale for a 10-pack. I buy the Ultra and Elite towels. Advantage is no labels/tags are attached to the towels on sale and delivery is fast, usually shipped out the same day you order.

YoSteve , also excellent micro fiber towels.

PakShak , based in Hawaii, PakShak has excellent service as well as towels, fast delivery too.

Classic Motoring Accessories , as well as offering excellent microfiber towels, CMA also carries an extensive line of detailing products.

Top of the Line , another great place to shop for detailing supplies, customer service is one of the best, will call you by phone if there is any delay in your order or if an item is backordered.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
When this subject was discussed a ways back, I remember folks saying to be sure & get !00% cotton WHITE towels.
Anybody know why they gotta be white? I don't think the color on towels "bleeds". Or does it? ?:|

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
TomCat said:
When this subject was discussed a ways back, I remember folks saying to be sure & get !00% cotton WHITE towels.
Anybody know why they gotta be white? I don't think to color on towels "bleeds". Or does it? ?:|
Some colored towels bleed, while others may have chemicals that leak(?) out when new or so they say. I switched from 100% cotton towels after taking a cd and seeing if the 100% cotton towels would leave any scratches on it. Even the Zaino cotton applicator left scratches, so I have permanently switched to micro fiber towels for buffing and drying and foam or microfiber wax/polish applicators.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Your local automotive paint and body shop supplier will have all that you'll ever need.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Kragen is the only place I've found bath size micro-fiber towels. Pricey at $10 each, but I have a couple & they are PERFECT for drying the PT. Just make sure , whatever towels you use, that you remove the tags!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the water blade too. Use it to remove almost all the water, then use chamois for the rest. Will wipe over PT again using towel to get what little water the chamois didn't get. By the way, found Cannon towels at Wally World. $1.50 for the medium size and $1.25 for the hand towels.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
PTCruzr said:
I like to use a California Water Blade to get all the water off my PT. What little bit is left behind I use a towel to get off. These things are great. I can completely dry my PT in less than 5 minutes.

My boyfriend got me one of those right after I bought my PT. I love it. It sure does cut down on the time I spend drying. I also bought on of those chamois that are in the tube that are made of some kind of man-made fiber. It works great too.

For Xmas he bought me a California Duster. I'm set now.

P.S. I had to buy a little step stool in order to reach the middle of the top of my PT though. I actually fell to the ground once trying to reach by standing on the back door ledge with wet feet. OUCH!

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
kas said:
P.S. I had to buy a little step stool in order to reach the middle of the top of my PT though. I actually fell to the ground once trying to reach by standing on the back door ledge with wet feet. OUCH!
The rear door sills do get slick... I have taken a tumble or two myself... You should see me at the self-wash I have a step to water wash the top of my PT too.. :)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Bosch said:

The rear door sills do get slick... I have taken a tumble or two myself... You should see me at the self-wash I have a step to water wash the top of my PT too.. :)
Yea, when I went down I actually felt my head hit the concrete & bounce. OOPS! It could've been serious. I was glad no one was watching, but then again if I had been really seriously hurt, I would have laid there for quite awhile. Yikes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You could get 100 % Cotton, Terry and Microfiber towels from HY Supplies Inc, the wholesale towels supplier. You could get various towels for car washing and detailing from that online store. Especially microfiber towels are the best cleaning tool, which has tightly woven small fibers and won't produce lint with car surface !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts