Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a couple questions, first off where do I get black vacuum line? fwdperformance only sells it in blue, yellow, or red. I'm gonna be using a vacuum block, what's the correct size line I should be using, and how many feet of line should I get? I'm going to be hooking a boost gauge up inside the car, the gauge I have now doesn't have any lines or connectors with it...what size line should I be using to hook up the gauge and where do I get the connectors for running this line to the gauge and vacuum block?

a lot of questions but any help is appreciated! thanks

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
any auto parts store should have black vac line for cheap....you cant do all of it the same size, the port on the intake is larger than the majority of the lines....(cant remember exact sizes)....whatever the typical size is, i believe 9/32, you will need 10 feet or more to reach all your selenoids and the in car gauge....measure it out with string if you are really concerned abotu getting the exact right amount, but remember, its always nice to have extra around.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
buy a whole roll of it, its cheaper than you think and comes in handy (like when I ran my vacume cutout to the REAR of my car... 15 ft later, I had it plumbed).

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm I was under the impression that all the lines would be the same size since I'm using a vacuum block? If I use a grainger valve I won't have to use the wastegate solenoid right? so just get a roll of 9/32" line? you're right I forgot the vacuum line on the back of my 2 piece intake is bigger than the rest of the lines...What should I use to connect the line from the back of the intake [vacuum source] to this vacuum block? it's a 7 port vacuum block btw, same as a lot of people on here are using. The car this is going on is a 87 glhs thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts