Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well My Daytona has finally depressed me enough that Ive given up on really modding it so Ive found myself another project. I picked up a 95 Neon 4dr parts car for $400. Its completely stripped to a rolling shell including all the wiring gutted. I just dont know what motor I want to put in it? Just looking for everyones opinions. I put together a partial build list for a 2.0 turbo setup and Im already looking at 10k without trans and trans mods or fuel/cryo/nitrous. The money isnt an issue Im not looking to slap this thing together over the summer or anything, I figure over the next 2-3 years, maybe sooner if I keep getting raises lol. So heres the choices of motors I wouldnt mind dropping in. Im looking for no more than 400hp from the motor with the rest coming from a bottle, I will be running a cryo setup on any motor I build, just because Im curious of its gains.

2.0 turbo/Nitrous
2.2 Turbo or supercharged/Nitrous
2.4 Turbo/Nitrous

Depending on how the car feels after the motor swap will determine weather I drag it or auto-x it. Unless you think I would be better deciding that now?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, no Im just tired of replacing the stock parts with more stock parts to get it back on the road. I drove it for 6 months and its been off the road for 6. Once its driveable again it will stay a DD till I sell it or trade it in on something else. probably a 944. Im also far more familiar with the Neon and I always loved modding my old one b4 the GF blew it up durring an attempt to drive it with a shot oil pump lol.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I will be running a cryo setup on any motor I build, just because Im curious of its gains.

2.0 turbo/Nitrous
2.2 Turbo or supercharged/Nitrous
2.4 Turbo/Nitrous

Depending on how the car feels after the motor swap will determine weather I drag it or auto-x it. Unless you think I would be better deciding that now?
What do you mean by cryo setup?

Its best to make a plan(meaning the purpose of the car, auto-x, drag only, street, ect) Then determine the type of gas you want to use and electronics,stick to your plan and do lots of reading and work.

By 2.2 you mean 2.0 stroker the older 2.2 motors?

you also need to pic a trans early to plan powerband/traction accordingly.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the 2.2 thats in the early TD's.
Ive seen cryogenic set ups similar to nitrous. Its basicly just a big ass bottle of CO2 and uses the properties of expanding gasses to freeze an aluminum block that your fuel passes through, along with a bulb thats placed inside part of an intake pipe to cool the incoming air.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts