Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, I picked up a gauge for my Spirit and want to hook it up to try to fix a problem I'm having with it missing (in another thread) but I would like to know where you sugguest hooking the boost gauge up to.

On my turbo Neon, I just hooked that sucker to a line comming off of the intake manifold, which I see the lines, but the hose that came with the gague is about 6 foot and I don't know that it will reach tothe front of the intake manifold.

Are there any other refrence points I can tap into for Boost/Vacume? (Brake booster? etc) that will not only be accurate but are closer to the firewall then the Intake Manifold or the MAP sensor?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice! I hooked it up in a diffrent place on the intake manifold only after I found the hook up off of the throttle body, but the rubber funky double-Y hoze that came off of the TB was kind of aged to the point where I didn't want to cut into it.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
i am working off the brake booster, works fairly well as others are using it for the source also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts