Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems the key i have for my car only opens the driver door and starts the ignition. I cant open passenger side door as well as my trunk. I read on the manual that Chrysler made these keys for repair shops, so they cant access your trunk or other things except just open the door and start the car. So the guy didnt give me the original key. If anyone here who works on dealership, could please tell me if the dealers still make the original keys for Daytona or where can i get one that can open all of the doors and trunk. Thanks

· Registered
9,292 Posts
what kind of car? i had keys made before. you sir, are speaking of a a Valet key, it only opens the driver door and starts it. you need ones with all the pins to get into the rest. remove your truck lock and have them make you a key that has all the pins, ie the correct number of cuts so it operates everything. i had to do this with my 84 when i had NO keys at all

· Administrator
26,455 Posts
I work at a dealership. The only way you will know is to call your local dealer and see if the key code is still available from Chrysler for your vehicle, give them the VIN.
If it is not you will have to do as stated above by xtrempickup and remove a lock cylinder and take it to a locksmith and they will code the key and cut a new one.

· Premium Member
1,008 Posts
91 and up are in the computer but for some reason its not take out cyl out of the column and the code should be on it good luck :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.