Turbo Dodge Forums banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in the Detroit area and just got my first TD. My daily driver is a 96 Dakota with a 5.2L. I'm hoping the TD eats less fuel! :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
are there any good public yards around here besides the LKQs?
r mudget auto parts on quincy st, joe's auto parts in spring lake ,also in muskegon off the russle road exit there is a few junk yards fordrocy's and durda's . in bloomingdale thers mcpikes ,in paw paw theres L & L never been ther but herd it was good . those are the better junk yards that i know of for td's in the west mi area

·
Registered
569 Posts
Jesus Mudget is two blocks from my house. I had no idea it existed. I'm gonna have to go check them out on the double!! They charge a yard access fee? I think the one in Dorr is another LKQ now, I find better stuff there than the one in holland. The holland chryser section is full of minivans, Treps with dead 2.7s and neons. Useless lol.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Guess I should have answered that question by simply saying IN CHINA FOR RECYCLE:eek: Now you really wanna barf. Up 'til the Chineez drove the price of scrap 5 times what it waz a few years back, the Bone Yard(Eagle I think) just on the north side of Three Rivers going south on 131 had about FIVE ACREZ of nothin' but L-BODYS. I went out there to spend the day "Playing" rite after they crushed(NOT KNOWING) and their waz ONE LONELY LITTLE HORIZON sittin' in the middle of that 5 acre section of their yard. :shrug: I just ask 'um why HOW THEY MISSED THAT ONE and left without waiting for an answer. Where'z that crying icon when I want it? AAARRRGGGHHHH! Jer

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm back in michigan now. took my supercharged turismo out to Washington while I was in the army, then to arizona while at UTI, now back to its home town. I'm the 3rd owner and hope to get it back on the road. arizona heat killed the seal on the supercharger. I have it in pieces right now. just need some gaskets. the engine is under construction aswell. I need some help with the body work if anybody has any tips. the junk yard in muskegon usually has td's.. I havent been there yet but i'll try swinging by after work. it's 2$ to get in from what i remember. but i'll take a camera with me. anybody goto 131 speedway? SDAC was this past weekend also, anybody make that trip?? you guys will enjoy seeing the supercharged turismo.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm back in michigan now. took my supercharged turismo out to Washington while I was in the army, then to arizona while at UTI, now back to its home town. I'm the 3rd owner and hope to get it back on the road. arizona heat killed the seal on the supercharger. I have it in pieces right now. just need some gaskets. the engine is under construction aswell. I need some help with the body work if anybody has any tips. the junk yard in muskegon usually has td's.. I havent been there yet but i'll try swinging by after work. it's 2$ to get in from what i remember. but i'll take a camera with me. anybody goto 131 speedway? SDAC was this past weekend also, anybody make that trip?? you guys will enjoy seeing the supercharged turismo.
welcome back!

There's a complete NA 1st gen daytona at Mudgets in Holland as of a few weeks ago... doesnt seem like cars move too fast there. Red on red IIRC... There was also a blue 2nd gen, also NA. Not sure if that helps. I might be heading down to 131 to watch the autoX races with a buddy this weekend. Apparently I need to get up to the muskegon yards too. :p

·
Registered
480 Posts
welcome back!

There's a complete NA 1st gen daytona at Mudgets in Holland as of a few weeks ago... doesnt seem like cars move too fast there. Red on red IIRC... There was also a blue 2nd gen, also NA. Not sure if that helps. I might be heading down to 131 to watch the autoX races with a buddy this weekend. Apparently I need to get up to the muskegon yards too. :p

In that case, theres nothing in the muskegon yards.. lol. i'll try an take a look tomorrow after work. i'll bring my camera.

·
Registered
480 Posts
found a turbo lebaron at the junk yard in muskegon. the engine and bolt on parts were there. the intercooler was there also. there was a couple 6cylinder shadows there. I only remember seeing one with 4wheel disc brakes.

·
Registered
294 Posts
hey im about 45min east of flint in a lil town called capac, i know someone in town who is building a turbo Daytona, man Michigan sucks for the sport compact scene

·
Registered
480 Posts
not sure if its still there but if any parts are needed I can swing by and check. I'm working weekends now but during the week I should be able to stop and check. just let me know. January there's a North America international auto show in Detroit. I'm prolly going with a few co-workers. I think we have a booth setup for our company (Mahle). the newly designed corvette should be there

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey I,m a newby from Jackson. Just dug out the rampage the other day. I think I got to busy with life and let it sit to long. May end up being a parts car. We'll see. I need to get it home and see how bad the rust is underneath. Its a 2.2 automatic with a topper.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts