Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how many VNT's are out there,preferably the Daytona's,i know there was 536 made so where are they :thumb:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mine's in VA Beach, Virginia. There's a dead one in a scrap yard in Washington State that I know of (used to be mine also, until it got totalled).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Oak Harbor, and no, it does not still have the engine. I pulled it out of the wreckage and sold it, the turbo and the electronics back in 2001. The body is seriously fubar, a pine tree fell on it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Original owner, 90 daytona shelby VNT. Black/Black. It came from factory with dark blue floor mats... I went back when they preped the car for me and that is what it had. Oil pan is bad at moment, cracked it going down county road...

Bought new at Northwest Dodge in metro Detroit, Jan 1990. Only spent a few months there before coming home to Arkansas.

Thx-Ace

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a few pics of mine,76000 on the odometer but quit recently :(

also has the factory sunroof

·
Administrator
24,437 Posts
Original owner, 90 daytona shelby VNT.

Thx-Ace
Nice!!!!!
I also bought mine new in 12/89, build date was 9/25/89.
White with Bourdeaux Red Interior.
129,000 miles.
Besides knowing were all the other Daytona VNT's are it would be nice to see how many are with original owners.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not the original owner naj, but I have a white shelby vnt also.

White with maroon leather interior stock, but I swapped it out to black leather from a donor '91 iroc/shelby. Kept the 90 specific parts though like the center console and radio bezel. (Replaced the center console carpet with black from board members here)

Complete rebuild last fall by Todd Nelson (4-Lbodies) of the engine with new pistons, brand new vnt turbo, balance shafts removed, porting, etc. Also replaced the gas tank and straps with new ones, new fuel lines and brake lines, and went through all electrical including re-soldering all of the connections in the instrument panel. (Thanks for the tip naj).

Haven't run it yet, still waiting for a few parts but it should be back together in a month or so.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My White w/ red leather VNT is in Columbus, Ohio It is my daily driver (summer only, I buy a beater winter car then sell it in the spring and get the Daytona back out) I bought mine from Kansas Missouri, It had been a Florida car before that after it was finally released to the public. I'm not the original owner Chrysler Corporation was. Not in the way that you would think, The first "ownership" was Chrysler Motors sales fleet and was used as a marketing and public relations vehicle and has some unique data tag codes for Special Scheduling, Company car tracking, Marketing / Public Relations. It was built very close to NAJ's VNT on may 29 1989 (By the Way a big thank you to NAJ for deciphering the data tag on my car, THANK YOU again) i have a ball with it. What a great daily driver. It sure beats the boring Pontiac grand prix i used to run around in everyday.
Here is a link to a You tube vid. I was having some fun chasing my friends CSP prepared Miata. It was a closed area of the lot at Columbus Motor Speedway after the Autocross we just ran, There is also a video of my Autocross run just search "VNT Daytona" on you tube here is one of the vids.

YouTube - Drifting the Shelby Daytona, one of only 540 built VNT 1990 Daytonas having fun at the track.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mine is a white with red leather sadly it is to rusted to save and it saddens my it was my first td and it gave me the bug! It is in Smithfield rhode island, it is sitting in my yard.

1 - 20 of 234 Posts