Turbo Dodge Forums banner

181 - 200 of 232 Posts

·
Administrator
24,337 Posts
Just aquired this jem. Thought i was picking up a $600 dollar parts car that i was told had a blown hg. Got to the car and got a little excited when i saw vnt was on the hood. After towing the car home which only had 102,000km on it, found it to be a bad fpr flooding the engine!!!!! Few oil changes later and i have a low mile vnt that runs great with just a bit of tlc needed. Happy to add this rare TD to my collection:

85 TURBO Z BLACK/BLACK CLOTH
86 DAYTONA CS BLACK AND GOLD/TAN CLOTH
87 SHELBY Z T-TOP RED/GREY LEATHER
90 SHELBY VNT BLUE/GREY CLOTH
91 SHELBY IROC WHITE/GREY CLOTH

Hope the pics work
All I can say is...WOW!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
hahaha. Hey Naj since youve owned one from new maybe you could shed some light on how loud the stock bov should be on this vnt? My 91 can be heard but very faint. They both look the same but this vnt is much louder which leads me to believe its poss weak ? Both cars (stock bov's)are new to me so i cant compare to much. I will be digging deep into this vnt, and restorin it as soon as the snow is gone! Plan for the vnt is keep it stock,so just tryin to get as smart as i can before i do lol. Any help or lines on spare parts would be great thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks, last one I owned was white and regretted selling that one. Found this one and she's a keeper. This one came with a sun roof, and lots of documentation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah mine isn't cherry but will be when I'm done. No documents, supposedly a one family car that was in a barn for a few yrs. I'm not gunna be picky since I heard not many vnt's made it to canada

·
Registered
311 Posts
Really diggin yours! Hold on to it,I believe these cars are gonna be special some day. That's what I told myself when I bought my beeper in 81 and still have that car.

·
Administrator
24,337 Posts
hahaha. Hey Naj since youve owned one from new maybe you could shed some light on how loud the stock bov should be on this vnt? My 91 can be heard but very faint. They both look the same but this vnt is much louder which leads me to believe its poss weak ? Both cars (stock bov's)are new to me so i cant compare to much. I will be digging deep into this vnt, and restorin it as soon as the snow is gone! Plan for the vnt is keep it stock,so just tryin to get as smart as i can before i do lol. Any help or lines on spare parts would be great thanks
Hard to describe how loud the factory BOV is without you being in the car but I can hear it in the passenger compartment, naturally the higher the boost level the louder it is when you release the throttle.
Easy enough to test for leaks with a handheld vacuum/pressure pump.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Roof Top?
We had this discussion a few month's back about the wings and spoiler and someone said all of the 1990 Daytona's equipped with spoilers had a "black accent" so I still do not know for sure.
The black accents may be unique to 1990, I saw a 91 Daytona and the wings and spoiler were all white and the hood bulge read "turbo".
I am thinking the only way to know for sure is the VIN (C) or underhood with the 3 VNT Solenoids.
The hood bulge emblem "Intercooled VNT" may not be a 100% giveaway, mine are gone because of paint peeling and I had to strip and reprime.
The big question is of the 536 produced how many are left and of those how many are factory stock?
Jan, Rick hete. From what I've been told by some guys is the black accents were with louvers ordered cars.

·
Administrator
24,337 Posts
Does anybody know where to get original VNT hood decals?
You would probably have to get repo's made.

These were given to me by the dealership back in 90 because one of the original had a very slight chip missing.
I was also told that they only have a 3 year shelf life because of the adhesive.
The part # is shown on the backing and these are "Quartz".

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nah, some of the spoiler have a black top accent. From what I've been told that when you ordered factory louvers option on the 90 cars. The tops of the three peace rear wing received black accent plastic on top. Just answering a question you were mentioned in.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I helped a friend this weekend pick up a black VNT he just bought here in VA. It's been owned by the same guy for a long while. The VNT turbo was pulled out because the turbo needs rebuilding, but it came with the car. Original engine, trans, and computer were being used with a Super 70 turbo. Not sure if the PO ever posted on here or not. Didn't think to ask him. I'll be helping him put it back together to be his new daily driver.

181 - 200 of 232 Posts