Turbo Dodge Forums banner

201 - 220 of 232 Posts

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
That's a shame...
Just brings up the question of how many "stock" VNT Daytona's are left running on the street.

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
This thread was started almost 7 years ago and only 20-25 people actually posted they had a VNT Daytona.
How many from 6-7 years ago still have them and I asked this question before...
Where are the other 500+ VNT Daytona's?
There are only 20 - 30 left running?

·
Registered
32 Posts
This thread was started almost 7 years ago and only 20-25 people actually posted they had a VNT Daytona.
How many from 6-7 years ago still have them and I asked this question before...
Where are the other 500+ VNT Daytona's?
There are only 20 - 30 left running?
I don't know. We, on the Dakota convertible forum, would always ask the same thing. Sadly mine was totaled by an inattentive driver. I did buy my daytona with insurance money though.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Forum member Goose sold a red VNT to a guy up in Northern VA. I know that's still kicking around, but I think the guy who bought it is doing a conversion to T2 as well.

I posted before that there were 2 crushed in the junkyards here over the years. That means 4 VNTs have been accounted for in VA.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
The VNT's were having issues with carbon build up and incorrect setup of the vane actuators. This would cause all kinds of boost issues. Making sure the vacuum system is 100% (using the nylon lines as short as possible) and the tension on the actuator is key. Plus, event though they were rated at the same power as the TII, they seemed to be slower. Maybe partly due to weight as those cars were typically heavily optioned.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If it helps, blue 90 Daytona VNT here. Not stock, was swapped to a Super 60 before I bought it. Apparently it went through 2 rebuilds of the VNT before the guy caved and went with a clipped Super 60 from Turbos Unleashed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks. Has been a work in progress. Purchased 15yrs ago for a father son project. My son showed little interest so the car set completely stock and running fine. Pulled engine and tranny about 7 yrs ago and did it right. Bought everything through Mike Demoss at Forward Motion-good guy. Initially had enforcer 2 46 trim then went to enforcer 3 57 trim with billet wheel. the enforcer 3 at 20 lbs makes the same power that the enforcer 2 did at 26lbs. Car is a lot of fun to drive. I kept all the original parts just in case of a return to stock. Thanks for your interest.

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
Glad to hear you saved all of the original parts, were not many Daytona VNT's produced to begin with (536 is what I heard) and not many of those left especially in stock form.

I bought mine new in 12/89 and she is still stock and has been my only car and DD since 1996.

Post up some pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1990 Daytona Shelby VNT - 26,626 ORIGINAL. Garaged w/original tires. Only change is Eibach’s. Stock springs are in a box. Basically one owner. My dad bought it, and I bought it from him. Driven 100 miles per year the last 6 years up to 2017. I didn’t drive it in 2017, but I took it out, warmed it up regularly, and gave it a coat of fresh wax. Sits under a cover in a warm garage with a tender on it. I love the car. Hoping some day the market will respond to their rarity.

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
1990 Daytona Shelby VNT - 26,626 ORIGINAL. Garaged w/original tires. Only change is Eibach’s. Stock springs are in a box. Basically one owner. My dad bought it, and I bought it from him. Driven 100 miles per year the last 6 years up to 2017. I didn’t drive it in 2017, but I took it out, warmed it up regularly, and gave it a coat of fresh wax. Sits under a cover in a warm garage with a tender on it. I love the car. Hoping some day the market will respond to their rarity.
Welcome To TD!!!

:needpics:

201 - 220 of 232 Posts