Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Which blow off valve to get?...

759 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dave 
#1 ·
My friend wants a blow off valve for his shelby daytona and we were wondering which one is the best? it is stock so far, but still pulls 15psi once and a while. anybody got some good bov options for this car?

#2 ·
There are alot of good BOV's....It really all depends on what he wants to spend, and how he wants it to sound....especially if he's only going to run 15psi. Does he want to do it junk yard cheap, or flashy polish bling? Does he just want something subtle or quiet that's functional, or do you want to scare children and wake the dead? What does he want out of it?

#3 ·
lol, thats funny; yea, he does want something that sounds loud but not abnotiously loud. He wants that metal "sword coming out of its sleeve" sound. if u know what i'm talking about. and he doesn't want something cheaply made, but more dependable and still looks flashy. I just don't know the options and pro's and cons of the bov's that are right for him.

#5 ·
Ya, those are the loud suckers.... I actually like the Turbosmart BOV...sounds awesome, loud, but not LOUD, adjustable, and looks nice. I have the flange for a 2002 WRX BOV on my intercooler pipe so when I get a new one, I'm getting the WRX model of that.
My buddy uses an HKS SSQ and he likes it, and it's a very good BOV but I don't like the whistle sound personally.
Alot of people here swear by Talon BOV's, and I'll tell you that the stock WRX BOV is a very nice sounding and stout piece, but neither of the 2 are attractive compared to the nice shiny aftermarket ones.
When you shop for a BOV, try to find out what boost pressures they are designed for, if that info is available. Alot of companies will have different models: up to 15psi; up to 30, etc., but for 15 psi, and if you're pretty sure you won't go higher, get a model more suited to that. Good luck!

#6 ·
The most economical and reliable way is 1G DSM (Talon, Eclipse) for that boost level, plus if you like the sound its definetly got the pffffffffft. I just paid $50 for mine with flange off e-bay, and my buddy just grabbed one for $16 !! (no flange) and you can always crush it for more psi.

#7 ·
ShelbyMopar said:
lol, thats funny; yea, he does want something that sounds loud but not abnotiously loud. He wants that metal "sword coming out of its sleeve" sound. if u know what i'm talking about. and he doesn't want something cheaply made, but more dependable and still looks flashy. I just don't know the options and pro's and cons of the bov's that are right for him.
That would be the DSM BOV that everyone and their mom here uses.

I personally like to be different, hence driving a TD, but I use a 1990 BOV that was ghetto-dremeled out of the air box. I scare the hell out of people with it, sounds real nice too. Best part is it was free. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.