Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3inch downpipe to a 3inch muffler and side exit.... or 3inch downpipe to a 3 inch muffler that turns into 2, 2 1/2inch pipes and DUAL side exit.....

·
Administrator
10,119 Posts
GLHNSLHT2 said:
dual 2.5" out the same side? i would think keeping a nice smooth flow out the 3" pipe would be better, but if you can get a nice Y, then maybe.
Flow master makes a pro flow Y that does the job, 2 2.5" pipes equal one 3" in flow. Little strange though,,,,, maybe 3" into a flow master Y then 2.5 out each side of the car would be cool though.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Just a guesstimation but I think 3" all the way is better. It seems that any gain(?) from two 2.5's would be negated by the extra weight.

·
Legendary Driver
10,903 Posts
3" is easier and cheaper, I've got Koni's and Eibachs on my ShelbyZ with 3" out the side. There is some huge speed bumps in the apt complex next door and the car goes over them without scrapping. I do have 205/60's though so it might give me that extra clearance as 225/50's are shorter.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would think 3" all the way would be better. I don't have any concrete data to support this, but I've got to wonder if the scavenging effect might be better going the same diameter all the way, rather than splitting to dual 2.5 inch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts