Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
It would probably come down to personal preferance, as there are a bunch of vehicles that were 1 of 1 built. A few were a combination of odd body, color, and/or options chosen. Some were supposedly only prototypes that got away. My choice for #1 would be the '87 prototype DON GARLITS EDITION Omni. Supercharged, huge wing & hood scoop, & decals. Shelby kept the only one. Where's it now?

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
that sounds like a really good guess. I know that 16 valve csx is probably quite rare, as in like one of 5 or something

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
lets see a list of what you guys think is the rarest shelby dodge

depends on what your definition of "shelby dodge" would be.

any dodge he ever had a hand in building even if it never went for sale to the general public? then there are many 1 of 1 cars, omnis, shadows, chargers etc that would all tie for "rarest".

or is it only cars he built at his Whittier plant and sold to the general public? then those numbers are published and well known, no dispute there as to rarest.

or is it any dodge whatsoever that was influenced/badged by shelby, including a specific breakdown of exact colors, options, etc? then theres lots of 6 of this......... and 8 of that, etc etc....out there.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
or is it any dodge whatsoever that was influenced/badged by shelby, including a specific breakdown of exact colors, options, etc? then theres lots of 6 of this......... and 8 of that, etc etc....out there.
idk man, we will try this on

·
Registered
331 Posts
Strictly by the numbered cars Shelby produced, wouldn't the 2 wide tire non/recaro 89 CSX's be rarest just by being an available option for the model, followed by 15 wide tire/recaro cars?

If not, there are plenty of one off protypes that are rare since they were the only ones built.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would suppose someone could contact the SAAC Registry to find out exactly for sure. Of course probably not all the cars would be represented, but it would give a good idea.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Seems like people are forgetting about the 16V AWD Daytona that Shelby was working with and there was a few shipped over to Europe for further development and the only thing that came from that which saw production was seen in the 90's R/T's and that was the Lotus Head. I even heard somewhere that they guys who designed that transmission still have the blue prints for it. I bet one of those would be kinda rare.

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
i think one of one is about as rare as it gets.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts