64 for the annex....motel style.

Where is everyone staying????

Joe

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that Barry,

you also mentioned that the main building rooms were 74.00, and i was courious to see how many people took that deal as opposed to the Garison Building. The point is to be near where the action is, and at 74.00 and 64.00, it is a coin toss. I know the TD community has a habit to be cheap, but at these prices, maybe people splurged?? I just wanted to know. :thumb:

Joe

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
From what the motel folks told me, the buildings are about 100 yds apart. And unless folks specifically ask for the main building, the reservation will be made for the Garison building. All of our activity will be centered around the Garison building also (registration, night activity, etc). I think awards night will be the only official activity we have in the main building, since it requires a meeting room.

Once on site, I will request that our folks gathering in the parking lot to move near the Garison building, (if they are not already) regardless of which building they are staying in. We have an opportunity here to do pretty much as we wish without bothering other guests in the motel, I would like to make sure we respect that separation in our parking lot activities.

So, sleep where you want, but when in the parking lot better move the cooler near the Garison building.

Barry

·
Registered
88 Posts
Garrison building attributes

The garrison bldg ,which was specified for several reasons, is detached from the rest of the hotel. Making for privacy,security, and (hopefully) fewer noise-hooligan complaints. ;)
It has its own pool and recreation area , a TIKI bar and parking lot :thumb: :woot:

Garrison rooms are of the standard "holiday-inn, super 8" caliber. Rooms in the main bldg are generaly more "lavishly appointed", and also house the suites and "theme rooms". :hat:
Bottom line......"pick your own poison". But da BIG AMERICAN FUN will be out back!

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, Ok, i get the point!!!! ;)

I made my reservation in the garison building... :D

(Just a little creepy being in a building that is named after the teacher in South Park....) :rolleyes:

Just make sure they roll a tractor trailer near by for our vewing pleasure, in case someone happens to bring a LCP this year.

And on another note, i am trying to resurect my old AWD RC car for a little action in the parking lot. Anyone wanna race?? (no autocross, might as well)
joe

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yeah the RC cars are a great idea! I just have to decide which ones I want to bring hmm. I think it will be the big block maxx, rs4 ss, and maybe a park flyer I also have a few older "loaner" trucks to let others bash with.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
1quik4 said:
Tried the 1-800 # today and it said it wasn't in use?????? Guess I will have to call the direct line???
Most 800#'s won't work outside the U.S.

Some 800#'s also don't work if you are calling from within the same state.

Possibly they have on-line registration?? Barry do you know if they do?

Steve

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I suspect that the problem is either with the call being placed from Canada or maybe they actually have technical issues with their line. We listed 800 numbers for "In Kentucky", and "Outside Kentucky" so as long as the correct one is called .... but we did list the direct number also (should work from anywhere), and that is the number I used when talking to them.

If I remember correctly they had online reservation service, but I don't think it has the provision for specifying the room to be in the Shelby Dodge block, and thus qualifying for the discounted rate. In this instance, it is probably best to talk to a person rather than type in a reservation.

Barry

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I just called them to make sure and I talked to our account rep there. She said that online reservations certainly can me made and will work properly as far as the discounted rate & credit toward our group block goes.

So as lametec said, check the Garison box, and in the comments field put "Shelby Dodge group".

She added that a confirmation email will be sent out once the reservation is made.

Barry

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
The confirmation e-mail will look something like this:

Thank you for your reservation request. We have placed a reservation in your name arriving 6/25/05 departing 6/29/05 with the Shelby Auto Dodge group. Your room is in the garison building one queen bed nonsmoking requested at the group rate of $64 plus tax per night.

Your confirmation number is PXXXXX. If you will be arriving after 6:00 p.m. please call to guarantee for late arrival with a credit card number. 1-800-354-9793

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
firebaron90 said:
I made my reservation in the garison building... :D

(Just a little creepy being in a building that is named after the teacher in South Park....) :rolleyes:

You will be staying in the Mr Hat Honeymoon Suite.

·
Registered
579 Posts
contraption22 said:
You will be staying in the Mr Hat Honeymoon Suite.
:laugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.