Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering to upgrade TB to a 58mm, that's the one from 3.3:s right? Since there seems to be a lot of those here parted.. I was just wondering about which years have the 58mm that suits to the 3.0?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
nope the 52mm is from the 3.3's and are common

the 58mm is from a 3.8L, 98-00, but some say its only AWD models or something like that, just make sure to measure it before you assume that its 58mm

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
nope the 52mm is from the 3.3's and are common

the 58mm is from a 3.8L, 98-00, but some say its only AWD models or something like that, just make sure to measure it before you assume that its 58mm
Yeah, you have to be careful when looking for the 58 cause they also use 52's on some 3.8's

98-00 TOWN AND COUNTRY should make sure you get a real 58.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
46mm = Stock

52mm = 3.3L from dynasty, new yorker, minvans, etc. (some 87-89 3.0's have the 52mm TB also, why would one downsize?!?!) Can usually spot it by 2 vacuum nipples on top of throttle body and 1 nipple must be capped off. easiest swap since no porting to upper intake plenum is needed, just swap TPS sensor and go!

58mm = 3.8L engine from Chrysler Town&Country from 98+ and usually can be identified with 1 vacuum nipple on the top of the TB. This TB requires porting of the Upper Intake manifold inlet to get the full benefits of the 58mm.

60mm = 4.0L Jeep Wrangler/Cherokee engines. extra fab work and porting needed to make it work, but there is a write up on it at Kelly-Mulhern Performance

·
Registered
947 Posts
I've heard that the 58mm tb came on vans with a 3.8L and the "towing package". All T&C's were supposed to have the "towing package", but only some of the grand caravan's\voyager's (with 3.8L) got the "towing package". I just picked up a 2000 Grand Caravan Sport with a 3.8L in it so I'll have to measure and see if it really is a 58mm tb.

Oh, and the smaller tb was put on the 3.0L in the later years to make the 3.3 and 3.8 look better...probably a marketing gimmick more than anything :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.