Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if the owner of the white (with black on the bottom) Turbo Daytona (probably an 85) is on this forum. I have seen the car twice in a row in the afternoon at the Gentex parking lot in Zeeland. I nearly went in the ditch when I first saw it. I'm not used to seeing any Daytonas around here. The Daytona I saw has a really nice paint job, no visible rust, and luvers on the back window. I wish mine looked that nice!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hahaha that's mine! I'm out here in the garage, looking at her and I google search "85 white and black Daytona" and your post came up #1! I was shocked and proud when I first read it! I hope you see this, I know it's a few years late.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy Crap! I just stumbled across your post by chance. I see you posted only 20 days ago, so that's not too bad.

So, what's the story with your Daytona? What have you done to it, how long have you had it, is it an '85?

Do you still work at Gentex? I work at ODL, right across from Gentex. I wouldn't mind meeting up with you sometime to check out your Daytona a little closer. Mine has been apart for so long, I don't remember what it looked like when it was together.

Below is mine when I first got it...about 8 years ago. Looks the same today but the motor and tranny are out of it. I am rebuilding the engine.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you selling your Daytona? I just saw one on Craigslist today that looked like yours.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve been off the forum for awhile now and just got back on, so if you see this....I still have it, but yes, the one you saw online was probably mine. I put it up for sale after I had some minor repairs done to it, not wanting to go any deeper. You see, I have a 67’ Coronet I was given as my first car and I decided I would rather invest into that. So long story short, it didn’t sell and I knew the turbo was getting weak. Since it didn’t sell in the time I had it online, I decided I would try to replace it, but I really didn’t want to pull the motor or pop the head, I was on a tight budget. I ended up losing interest and set my Coronet as a high priority. Since then, the Coronet has moved forward in restoration and now has the original 383, rebuild and ready to go in. Sadly, the Daytona now sits here in my garage, waiting for me to inevitably put it back up for sale, “As is”. Don’t get me wrong, I really love the car! I stand out here and reminisce about the times I had in it and what I wanted to do to it and daydream about just giving it to my son for his first car. But anyways, it’s still here, she still looks good (little older now), and I still live in west Michigan if you ever want to take a closer look.

Safe driving, Stealth.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Stealth,

just saw your post. Sorry to hear your Daytona is out of commission. I would like to take a closer look at it if you don’t mind. I still haven’t fixed mine up yet but I have an engine and transmission ready to go in. Let me know what works for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts