Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who has taken a TD basket case and retored it to it's original or better than original glory. Of course if this sounds like you this thread is useless without pics.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
honestly unless its a numbered car its not really worthy of a full restoration cause you will never get back the money or time you put into it cause They just dont hold there value.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
honestly unless its a numbered car its not really worthy of a full restoration cause you will never get back the money or time you put into it cause They just dont hold there value.
IMO that is only true if you are going to sell it. If he is planning on holding on to it for the foreseeable future then why not make it as good as he wants or can afford.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both of these cars look beautiful, I really like the upgrades both owner have made to the cars, very nicely done.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Depends on what you call "restoring". I put new floors,rocker panels and about a grand worth of parts into my car so far. It's going to be a work in progress for a long time lol.
This is it when i first got it.

And this is it now.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I know that, but who cares about cost if you don't go into it as an investment. I never plan to sell my GTC regardless. I was going to try and restore a VNT GTC but it was too far gone for my means so I sold it to buy my current TII GTC. I don't plan on a stock restoration for this car though, more restomod.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
depends on what you call restoring. do you call pulling a T1 log style out and completely rebuilding it and turning it into a T2 then yeah, im in the process. it runs but i still need to get the boost up, and paint it. im getting rims and dropping it, and i have the system i just have to install it. www.cardomain.com/id/droptopmopar85

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
a complete restoration is Taking everything apart, refurbishing everything, then putting it back together so its how it was when it was new. but restoring something can just be paint and interior or anypart for that matter

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I know that, but who cares about cost if you don't go into it as an investment. I never plan to sell my GTC regardless. I was going to try and restore a VNT GTC but it was too far gone for my means so I sold it to buy my current TII GTC. I don't plan on a stock restoration for this car though, more restomod.
I am the same way, it is not about what it is worth to other people, it is about what it is worth to me. The paint on my car cost way more than the highest KBB list for it. It is not about the money.

Man there are some nice cars in this thread. Mine is currently in work.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I am the same way, it is not about what it is worth to other people, it is about what it is worth to me. The paint on my car cost way more than the highest KBB list for it. It is not about the money.

Man there are some nice cars in this thread. Mine is currently in work.

LOL, yeah, I think my wheels cost as much as the car is worth. Nice work so far, I can wait for some pics when you start putting stuff back on

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I have actually started putting a lot back together and have been taking pics. I have conflicting ideas on posting them. The one I am leaning towards now is to wait till it is completely finished then post all the pics.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I have actually started putting a lot back together and have been taking pics. I have conflicting ideas on posting them. The one I am leaning towards now is to wait till it is completely finished then post all the pics.
How do you like that style of lift? My next house will have a lift I wonder if that would be enough, versus the 2 post type. with arms.

Do look up "Supertona" by kaleb

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
BOOOOO!!! Let's see it!! I lvoe to see the transformation of a car from peices to rolling wonder!
You could stop by and look, I am in Jax too :eek:

It's not my lift, it is the guy that painted the car. I did ask if he liked it and he said yes. The only bad side was the wheels were digging in the concrete floor.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts