Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a 92 Daytona with a non working odometer. I have google searched and it looks like a lot of these repair shops do not work on older clusters.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
26,073 Posts
It is very common for the odometer gears to break, the link listed above has the gears you need, they also have a video showing how to replace the gears.
The video is older, the only difference (1990-up) is the screws that hold the faceplate on are at each corner under the faceplate sticker, just peel the corners up to gain access.
Font Parallel Paper Publication Monochrome
Font Book Publication Material property Parallel

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,591 Posts
Jan, I actually know one of those two people who manufacture those, met him years ago when he was just getting started. He came into my shop with a carburetor problem and I had a Mercedes Speedometer on the counter I was getting ready to ship to VDO for repairs. He was telling me about making the little gears for some of the problematic ones. At that time he was working at NASA Langley Research Center.

Their quality is outstanding along with the instructions. I rebuilt the 1989 one I was planning on using, then scored a pristine 1989 analog cluster.

Reactions: Glhs60 and NAJ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have more issues than just the odometer. My speedometer flutters at any speed above 45, I have a light bulb out between the speedo and tach so there is a dim spot at night. I also want to get the gauges recalibrated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts