Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Tuesday, I went online to www.radarjam.com and placed an order. It was early enough and in stock, so should have shipped out Tuesday. 2nd day shipping is standard on their orders. Thursday came with no package, so I asked for the tracking number. Given no response by Saturday, I checked my credit card balance and found no charge, so I asked why it had not shipped. The response (Monday) told me that they thought I would be better off with a product costing nearly $100 more...so why don't I try that? This first response of theirs amazed me...I thought if you ordered something, they shipped it to you without questioning it. So I waited to see if MY order would ship. By late Monday, nothing. So around 1 PM today (Tuesday), I sent an email asking that if the order isn't shipped today, to please cancel it. I promptly got a response telling me that not only did they recommend this other product, but they would NOT ship what I ordered. To ship anything, I had to order what they were pushing. To be honest, it irritated me that they wasted my time like that but it didn't make me mad...more shocked me. I'm not used to a business like that staying around too long. So I told them to cancel the order and have since ordered elsewhere and await its arrival.

Just thought this was strange enough to share.

RN

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
That is the most ridulous thing I have ever heard. I can understand promoting a product or making a recommendation to a customer, but to flat out say they won't ship what you ordered and you MUST take the recommended product (which by the way costs more)???? }( If that is the way they treat all of their customers, I'm surprised they are still in business.
By the way renichms, I'm impressed that you had the self control to not get mad. I would have told them where to put it!! })

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've encountered enough people who want to be a pain that I won't bother telling them where to stick it. Instead, I make sure no one on PTE does business with them. ;) If I tell them where to stick it, I'll end up having to block their email and a bunch of other crap like that...big waste of time.

RN

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, after telling them to cancel the order, they wrote back telling me they would cancel it but if I buy somewhere else, I'll THINK I'm protected but not really be...so I need to buy their more expensive product. This is the most mindless pushing of a product I have ever seen. I told them if the product they don't want me to buy is so bad, maybe they shouldn't sell it at all...since apparently they don't process orders for it.

RN

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
renichms said:
I've encountered enough people who want to be a pain that I won't bother telling them where to stick it. Instead, I make sure no one on PTE does business with them. ;) If I tell them where to stick it, I'll end up having to block their email and a bunch of other crap like that...big waste of time.

That is the weirdest thing Ive heard but the fact that you arent doing anything about it is weirder ;)

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well if they keep sending stupid messages after having told them to stop, I might have to do something about them. But fighting someone into selling something to you is a bad idea...like suing someone to make them give you a job...I strongly suspect you'd get treated outright badly.

RN

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Sounds like another dot com failure in the making! That's incredible! 8o

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, the product I ordered just arrived from company number 2. I asked for tracking number from them and they gave it to me within 30 minutes. They shipped within hours of the order and it got here before I thought it would. :)

RN

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
if they gave no reason as to why you should buy the other one then i am puzzled too. but having been in retail before i can only see one point of view. we had certain products that were okay but 8 out of 10 times they came back. this wasn't a big problem because they were coming to the store. however we would not ship this item for fear of having to eat shipping charges. now we would suggest better products but everyone is entitled to what they want. that is the only kind of sense i can make from all that. now if they went about it the right way or not, i would have to say not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts