Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i never see anyone with turbo newyorkers around here they are about the only td's around here any one else rock the newyorker a buddy of mine runs one at the dirt track

·
Legendary Driver
10,944 Posts
87 New Yorker

$250 for the car, some 87 T2 parts I had lying around, Played with the 2 bar programming a bit to have the ECU run it at 14.5psi. And the car ran a 14.3 at the track :) It's now getting the fully forged 2.2 T2 Mexican CB I had lying in the shop and 90 Shelby tona suspension and brakes with an 87 shelbyZ rear axle. Gonna keep the nice soft cushy springs/shocks and air suspension :) Oh it's getting my old Rick D 3" downpipe and 3" exhaust too. See what she runs now :)

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
i found one sitting in some ladys driveway and it was in good shape i left a note but she never called :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
That was the same question that I wanted to ask, I'm about to get a 87 turbo NewYorker and I want to give it the full power treatment (BIG Boost, Intercooled, Power Everything,Wire Wheels too ;). I think that it would be the coolest thing to pull up on a New 300C in a old skool luxury car and stay with it or outrun it.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
My mom used to have an '86 2.2 Turbo automatic New Yorker. I kept it in decent shape for her for a couple years, and I drove it now and then. It had the digital dash, which was nice to look at.

It was a pretty nice riding car, even though the air suspension was shot from years of Pennsylvania road salt and neglect.

I always wanted to G valve it up to 12 psi or so, but she was worried it would use too much gas like that.:rolleyes:

I don't think those New Yorkers are all that heavy, even with the luxury stuff and A/C, because they are on the K body style. Certainly no heavier than a Daytona.

It would be a great car to make really fast and embarrass the riceboys and Lexus and SUV drivers out there!:banana:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts