Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm sure VW fans said the same thing when they crushed the Bug. This Daytona didn't have a drivetrain, but had four- bolt wheels and appeared to be a non-performance model.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
About 6-8 years ago I went to my local yard.
They used to have about 50 fwd 80's Dodges, one
of the guys said to me I know you're looking for the Dodges, there isn't
any left.
I walked past the fences and about cried.
There was probably 250 cars in there, maybe 30-40, total, were left.
The crusher came in and took them all.
I saw a mini there I had never seen, it was a turbo- scored
some parts off it and havn't been back since.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
nobody around here lets the td's sit around for long was a couple at the u pic yard last fall went back this spring to grab a sbec and 568 out of a spirit and it was gone already but the same pos's around it were still there

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
I'm sure VW fans said the same thing when they crushed the Bug. This Daytona didn't have a drivetrain, but had four- bolt wheels and appeared to be a non-performance model.
missed the vented hood and the rectangular exhaust tip huh ?

- turbo car - to bad looks like the floor might have still been good

·
Registered
803 Posts
missed the vented hood and the rectangular exhaust tip huh ?

- turbo car - to bad looks like the floor might have still been good
Yeah, but from the factory, they were just also-rans to Camaros and Mustangs (which had the same performance-inspired four bolt lugs). There's also no saying that either were original to the car, so the jury's always going to be out here.

Chrysler doesn't give the public what it wants; it builds what it knows it can sell, and that's always been the case, with a few exceptions, like the Prowler, which was a good idea executed badly and the Viper, which normally retails above the comparable Corvette, placing it in the eternal second-choice catagory.

The company has failed enthusiasts time and again, and that's a shame.

·
Registered
186 Posts
As cheap as the people are that are into these cars there's no money in them. Why keep a car when there's no money in it? Crush the car and get the money. I've crushed several low production number cars because no one would pay more than the scrapper would pay.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
funny that some people think a corvette is in the same ballpark of a viper, they are far from it not even close, vipers are purpose built race cars and corvettes are normal built cars in which assholes drive

corvettes lost there mystique back in the late 50's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts