Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the S60 SMEC and 3-bar/temp sensor from FM set for 22 psi. Will a wide band read with this computer and set up or how can I tell? I have a narrow in now.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
All widebands are standalone they read O2 content, the computer doesnt matter.

Now if you plan to stick the wideband in the stock location and use it to give the signal to the computer, then thats different

·
Registered
898 Posts
i think if you put a wideband o2 in the SV its a good way to ruin your readings fast, just kinda tempramental----i dont know how to spell it.

for WB O2's i think they suggest 2ft or so from the turbo.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The S60 computer doesnt use o2 feedback anyway, so it doesnt even need an o2 sensor input.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The S60 computer doesnt use o2 feedback anyway, so it doesnt even need an o2 sensor input.
So basically you saying that a wide band with these computers, would just be nice for stand alone readings on an AF or O2 meter for tunning? My stock O2 sensor is in the stock location before the cat. Weren't all the O2 sensors on these narrow band for the stock computers? So your saying the computer or nothing else is using the read out from the current O2 sensor?

·
Legendary Driver
10,968 Posts
most of the Super60 computers don't look at the O2 at all because they're a race computer and run extremely rich at idle so it's turned off. I say most because there have a been a couple that got out the door with the O2 feedback turned on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts