Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I calibrated my wideband and installed it today, then went for a drive right away.

After each run I pulled over and adjusted the grainger valve a little bit.

5 PSI floored... 8.9 - 9.0 AFR
7 PSI floored... 8.9 - 9.0 AFR
9 PSI floored... 8.9 - 9.0 AFR
11 PSI floored... 8.9 - 9.0 AFR
13 PSI floored... 8.9 - 9.0 AFR

What the heck?! I guess I can dial down the fuel pressure a little... what increment do people go by, like dialing it down 5 PSI of fuel pressure at a time?

At 13 PSI with 9.0 AFR it runs a lil choppy but it is waaaaaaaay peppier than the slooooow ass 5 PSI... hehehe.

ALL SMILES TODAY!

Thanks!!!

·
Administrator
25,217 Posts
I am confused, is this issue corrected?
Are you reading 14.7/1 at idle?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At 1/2 throttle the car is FLYING at 12ish PSI and 11:1 AFR... the side exit exhaust sounds SO nice with the top down. I need to figure out how to mount my phone in the car and make some recordings...

Floored the AFRs dip to 9.0 and the car slows down compared to 1/2 throttle at 11:1...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another thing that is weird is that I only get 13 psi in 4th...

1st goes by so quick I don't see max boost
2nd hits about 10 psi before I shift
3rd it hits 10 psi and carries it to redline
4th it jumps to 13 psi and drops to 11 psi after a few seconds?!

·
Administrator
25,217 Posts
First things first, let's deal with being rich at WOT.
What is your static fuel pressure?
What is fuel pressure reading at WOT in boost?
If fuel pressure is correct your next step would be checking MAP sensor calibration.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Generally how many turns to people give it while tuning, I'm guessing like 1/2 a turn, go for a drive, check AFR, if ok pull over and another 1/2, re-test...

I saw another ECU on ebay and then I went and looked at mine... and mine has been hacked up and a FAN added to it?! Weird!

Is there any way to check if the car has a 3 bar MAP, the previous owner passed away suddenly and the person who sold it to me didn't know all the details on the car. No idea what injectors it is running, either. They are all silver with no visible markings.

Thanks for the help, the car feels SO torquey at 13 PSI in 4th gear running 11:1 AFR at like 1/2 throttle, it just hauls... I can't imagine how fast it will be when it is tuned and can hit 14 psi or more...

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts