Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this car - it's tons of fun and everything works... except...

Two days ago I was driving the car and got a little frustrated that the only thing that doesn't work is the odometer. I knew it was probably hosed, but just for grins I knocked on the speedo cover- not hard, just a knock. Odometer didn't start working, and I didn't keep at it.

So I turn on the headlights tonight (91 Daytona) and all the guages peg and both directional arrows come on and stay on. Turn off the headlights, guages and indicators go back to normal. Same thing with parking lights. Check all the forums - nothing. Then I remembered my knocking behavior two days ago. A quick rap on the guage cluster and all is normal again. Tried to get it to repeat and it wouldn't. So far, so good. Sounds like I need to open up the dash though. More fun... :drinking:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Sounds like a screwy ground in the cluster. Have fun in there! I'd probably leave it unless it gets worse. Something similar happens in my '94 V6 Duster. As I drive it more & more, it does it with less frequency. It sure as hell is annoying when it does it, though. Now that I think about it, it hasn't done it in months!:) Having said that, it'll probably happen tomorrow. :bang head The tach drops to 0 randomly just about every day, but it's tolerable. If the weather improves and I get bored I suppose I could take the cluster out of the parts car. I think the Shelby Charger is more of a priority, though.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts