Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you take a 1988 TII harness bulk head connector and plug it into a 1988 TI harness bulk head connector?

Dennis

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
should work as long as both are for the same kind of car

if one's a daytona and the other a lebaron there might be some figgering to do with the headlight and headlight motor wireing but that should be about all

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
as long as your car has flip up head lights you should be ok on that, but if you want have NAJ get you the pin outs for the car and see if they are the same, if they are you only have to swap it out, :D

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
to run a daytona harness you would have to check that you can get away with useing only 1 headlight motor plug / circut and leaveing 1 unused as the daytona has 2 headlight motors

daytona headlamp wireing would have to be split at the head lamps up front - to sepperate the hi / low single lamp system into the split , duel lamp system in your lebaron

you would prob loose your front cornering lamps on the lebaron though as a daytona harness would not have the plugs for it

turn signals should be ok

·
Legendary Driver
10,948 Posts
If the car was available as a T2 car, aka Lebaron GTC or Daytona shelby, then the turbor harnesses are all the same. The only difference is the CTS wiring isn't plugged in. On T1 cars it's tucked away in the harness. And if for some reason you can't find it it's extremely easy to add. Much easier than swapping whole harnesses out.

Why would you want to swap harnesses?

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my harness has 42 but splices in it. Since I have the motor out so I can paint my engine bay I thought I would replace the harness instead of spending days making the correct repairs.

Dennis

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about a 1989 LeBaron TII plugging into a 1988 T1 bulkhead

·
Legendary Driver
10,948 Posts
It'll probably plug in, But I'd be a bit leary as to the rest of the wiring. I say that because years ago I know someone that tried to put an 89 daytona harness into an 88. The headlight wiring was different that powered the motors, 3 pin vs a 4 pin. Also has a 4 wire O2 and I think there were a couple other small differences that made it a real pain. It's not just plug and play. I'm assuming the Lebaron is very similar in the changes they made since year for year the changes to the daytona seem to match the Lebaron.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just great, just more bad news about one of the projects.

Dennis

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
wouldn't be such a pain now knowing the differences beforehand

I can think that believeing your gonna swap a harness today only to find ya can't hook up the headlight motors would suck but not so much if ya already had a correct set on hand

same for the 02

but the Q is , is that all - ' cause that ain't too bad to have to deal with if not

·
Legendary Driver
10,948 Posts
depends on how much you have to rewire. If I were to even attempt it I'd want both FSM's on hand. I like as much plug and play as possible though, cause swapping harness' is a PITA.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I will follow all the advice and just repair mine. I compared the bulk head connector using the 1988 and 1989 info from Mitchell and you are correct. It's not even close to plug and play.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts